Old June 16th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Susan Says She Will No Longer Try To Help the USCF

Susan posted the following comments on her "Saturday Open Forum":

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2008...pen-forum.html

Blogger SusanPolgar said...

The future of chess is very bright. Chess is booming but I do not
see that for the USCF.

I still do get invitations to strong events but I will only play
if it is something interesting and make sense for me. I came out of
retirement and played in the 2004 Olympiad, Women's Chess Cup in
Germany, and the Mayor's Cup in NY. I find those events exciting.

I will be promoting chess for the rest of my life. But I do not
like politics, not now, not ever. I am ashamed of the behavior of some
of my colleagues. Their personal ego and political power is more
important than improving or fixing the USCF.

My involvement with the USCF board is to help this federation. If
they do not want my help then I will continue doing other things for
SPICE and the SPF. Chess will continue to grow with or without the
USCF.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
Saturday, June 14, 2008 11:26:00 AM CDT

Blogger SusanPolgar said...

Jolly, as I stated before, I am very disappointed in the state of
USCF chess. I ran for the board to help. Instead of working together
for the good of chess and the USCF, the same small group of people
would do anything to maintain the status quo and their control of the
USCF. Their personal interest, ego, and power is more important than
the welfare of this federation.

In the mean time, chess is booming in America while the USCF
continues to crash and burn.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
Saturday, June 14, 2008 4:50:00 PM CDT