Old June 18th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default Richard Peterson Comes In from the Cold

On Jun 18, 12:09 am, wrote:

This is not exactly the same.
A tire that loses air continuously will eventually go flat even if air
is occasionally pumped into it.

These good well meaning folks have wasted $2,000,000 in the LMA and
sold the building which we owned to trade it in on a new building with
a mortgage. All this just to have a little operating cash.
The $2,000,000 loan is not coming back and we moved to Timbuktu.

The good well meaning folks sold off the book and equipment business
without ever getting paid the amount that was agreed. Was this a plus
or a minus?

The fact is, we were losing money on B and E as our books were showing
gross margins of 30-35 percent, yet those of us in the know were aware
that the margins were more like 70 percent. Where did that other
money go? The members have no answers.

Scholastic chess has been raped.
How many in this forum remember how 30,000 scholastic members suddenly
had their magazine subscription money stolen when these good well
meaning folks ended School Mates. Compensation to the scholastic
members? None. Grand theft? Yes.

So USCF has blundered from one management decision to the next without
hitting a winner since Al Lawrence was the ED.

When I was seven, a doctor told my mother that she would be dead in
six months. She fought as best she could and lived until I was 20.
The same disease finally killed her.

USCF has a disease.
USCF's disease is the good well meaning folks who have been lining
their pockets at the expense of the membership for most of the last 20
years.

I keep hoping most of the aging good well meaning folks will die
before USCF does, but I don't like the odds.

Richard Peterson

Richard Peterson (who just came in from the cold) is exactly right. I
wish that more members would express outrage at these events. Then,
something could possibly be done about them.

Now, we are in imminent danger of losing our two magazines, Chess Life
and Chess Life 4 Kids, and are told, "Don't worry. Everything will be
alright."