Old June 20th 08, 07:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Those Darned Pension Plans

I have no particular objection to my posts being reproduced here,
especially as some of them seem to have been disappeared down the
memory hole by the moderators. However, it should be noted that,
without the quotes and indents, some of them make no sense. (For
example, in that little exchange I had with Brian Mottershead about
political philosophy, we were both writing in the first person, and
since our positions are diametrically opposed the result is a bit of a
mess.)
Old June 20th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jun 20, 5:57 am, Brian Lafferty wrote:
wrote:
I have no particular objection to my posts being reproduced here,
especially as some of them seem to have been disappeared down the
memory hole by the moderators. However, it should be noted that,
without the quotes and indents, some of them make no sense. (For
example, in that little exchange I had with Brian Mottershead about
political philosophy, we were both writing in the first person, and
since our positions are diametrically opposed the result is a bit of a
mess.)

Then edit the post yourself. I'm not your copy editor.

By reposting it here, you became the publisher, Brian. You should have
tried to make it clear who wrote what. Besides, I don't think you can
edit another person's post.
Old June 20th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
I have no particular objection to my posts being reproduced here,
especially as some of them seem to have been disappeared down the
memory hole by the moderators. However, it should be noted that,
without the quotes and indents, some of them make no sense. (For
example, in that little exchange I had with Brian Mottershead about
political philosophy, we were both writing in the first person, and
since our positions are diametrically opposed the result is a bit of a
mess.)

Then edit the post yourself. I'm not your copy editor.

By reposting it here, you became the publisher, Brian. You should have
tried to make it clear who wrote what. Besides, I don't think you can
edit another person's post.

I simply take what is posted to the Issues Forum and copy it here. In
replying, Johnny can insert whatever he likes into the quoted text if he
feels it is not clear what he authored. In fact, I did that with my
comment that I wanted to make clear was from me. I'll forward your
concerns about formatting to Mike Nolan. I'm sure he'll get right on it
with Hal Bogner's help. :-)