Old June 29th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default It's Almost A Year. What have Chesspiece and Pufferfish Accomplished?

Next to nothing for the USCF. They are good complainers though. From
chessdiscussion, the site owned and controlled by Trolgar.

by SusanPolgar on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:22 pm
Another thing I would like to add is if Bill Goichberg wants to spend
thousands of dollars for a private lawyer to go after his political
opponents, he should pay for it from his own pocket or from CCA, not the
pockets of the USCF and USCF members.

The USCF used to organize and run the prestigious US and US Women's
Championships. How is it that the USCF still continue to lose money when
the AF4C and Mr. Frank K. Berry took over the US Championships for the
past number of years?

Where does the money which we saved from the annual championships go?
Who is responsible for the massive losses? I want to know the answer and
I am sure so do many USCF members. This is why the board is not
interested in my idea of creating a "quality control" system to pinpoint
the problems. It is much easier to cover up bad decisions, corruption
and dirty politics without it.

I asked for a full investigation of leaks of confidential and legal
information to Jerry Hanken, Sam Sloan and other USCF insiders. This is
a very serious issue because the info is then being used to harm their
opponents personally and professionally. This is the same pattern
described by GM Lev Alburt, GM Larry Evans and many others over the years.

I also asked for a full investigation of blatant violations of the NDAs.
Everything can be proven by opening up the confidential binfo. But the
wrong doers are being protected by some members of the board majority.
The board majority refused to investigate or go after their own people.
They continued to protect the wrongdoers because the outcome would
clearly implicate their own wrong doings because the leaks CLEARLY came
from them.

Instead of working to help or fix the many problems of the USCF, they
choose to play chess politics. Now they are asking for donations to help
the US Olympiad teams. Why? The answer is because money for this and
other important areas was frivolously spent elsewhere for political reasons.

Until the board majority apologize and end this pattern of unethical and
illegal conduct, I will continue to speak out to ALL USCF members and
let them know what these people are doing. If they continue down this
path, there will no longer be a USCF. More and more people will continue
to walk away from the USCF in disgust.

Our assets and revenues are shrinking. We already cut 8 pages of Chess
Life. The federation will probably lose more than $100,000 this year.
How far will this continue? The USCF simply cannot survive unless
drastic changes are made to fix and improve this federation.

Welcome to the "real" USCF!
Best wishes,
Old June 30th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jun 29, 11:20 am, Brian Lafferty wrote:
[...]

Tracking of money spent, and how it was spent, has been a problem at
USCF for a long time, to judge from comments posted here and
elsewhere. I can't fault GM Polgar for complaining about that matter.
However, like all chess politicians, she turns her argument into some
petty personal matter, in this case some odd allegation against Jerry
Hanken.
Old June 30th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

On Jun 30, 9:37*am, The Historian wrote:
[...]

Hanken.- Hide quoted text -

What allegation is that? Please don't get defensive... it is an honest
question because I don't know what the allegation is you are
referring. WHat is the basis for thinking it is a personal matter and
it is petty? I just want to know. I would like to see if the tone in
this group can be improved upon, can you site examples and refrain
from inserting personal attacks and unfounded supposition?
thanks,
Rob