Old July 1st 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Loons and the Law

When dung beetle Sloan and slimy slug Parker sue each other,
and anybody else they can think of, the legal precept to remember
is

"de minimis non curat praetor"

Suppose Sloan would sue me for having determined that he is
a dung beetle, a coprophage living on the excrement of others;
or suppose Parker would sue me for having found that he is a
slimy slug of the species Lehmannia nyctelia, no judge in the
world would pay the least attention. He wouldn't even care whether
the descriptions were fitting.

Incidentally, is there a fine for filing suits that are determined to be
frivolous? Is frivolousness in this context a well defined concept?
Can the defendant retrieve the costs caused by such a suit?
Old July 1st 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

The reason she was hired was because Joel Channing liked her. It was
as simple as that. She would not have been hired had not Channing
insisted on it.

Old July 4th 08, 09:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

[...]

Expert's chess rating and a decade as an internet publisher is hardly a
lack of qualifications.

One glance at your website shows two things: You are an amateur
at web design and you are completely wacky.

Any job application of yours would land in the waste basket long before
anybody would bother to find out your age, skin color, sexual
orientation, if any, etc.

Old July 4th 08, 11:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

[...]

Does my lawsuit against USCF BOTHER you in some way? If so, too ****ing
bad.

No, it doesn't. However, I am quite curious to see how the court handles
this suit
and Sloan's.