Old July 4th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Polgar Tacitly Admits Inaction As A Board Member

Answering a question from one of her known defenders, she points to no
motions or proposal to help govern and save the USCF that can be found
in the BINFO system. As a board member she is an abject failure.
by SusanPolgar on Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:25 pm

marknibb wrote:Susan, as a current EB member, do you have any
intention of putting forward motions at the coming EB meeting. A great
deal is being made by those calling for your resignation about your lack
of proposals making it into the record. First, is this true and why?
Second, do you intend to attempt to try to bring about USCF change or
should we be looking to someone else to take up the "change" agenda?

Mark,

I ran for the board to help the USCF. Paul and I showed what we can do
(just look at the example of Texas Tech in less than one year and nearly
$3 million in sponsorship committed) if we are allowed to do what we
know best. Imagine what we could do for the USCF if they would allow us
to do our jobs instead of wasting 9 months over a “bogus investigation”
where they refuse to allow us to examine the evidence / data.

We resurrected USCF chess in a region where chess was almost
non-existent for decades and signed up nearly 100 new USCF members and
this number may go to thousands when all the schools are involved with
chess deeper. We turned a city which is not known for chess into a
household name worldwide within a year. In one year, we are now
organizing the 2nd category SPICE Cup, a category 15 event, the highest
rated 10-person International RR chess tournament in U.S. history with
over 50 sponsors. Over 30 strong GMs wrote to me for invitations to play
in this event. Some are even over 2700.

What have they done? I am not going to play their destructive and dirty
political games. Motions which you see are basically decided before it
is made. I just showed one example with the military liaison. Bill
Goichberg knew that I have been working and sponsoring military chess
for the past 3 years. No other board member is even active in military
chess. Even the military people asked me to be their liaison.

But Bill Goichberg did not want me to control another liaison. His ego
would not allow it. In fact, he wanted to get rid of me from the college
and scholastic committees where no board member is even actively
involved. So he wrote to Randy Hough and Jim Berry asking them to
nominate and vote for each other. They did and voted exactly what he
wanted with a 4-0 vote the next day. This issue was leaked out all over
the place.

If they did this over a trivial matter like this, what would they do
with important issues or issues involving lucrative jobs, bids, awards,
or contracts? So what good would any motion do? What good does it do to
have a record of it? They will just spin and lie about it.

This is why board members did not even know about the contract to
rebuild the USCF website for almost a year. This is why the contract was
broken up to multiple parts under $10,000 so no board approval was needed.

Welcome to the USCF! This was how it worked with the election for the
Presidency as well. He already got the votes before they arrived in
Cherry Hill. Look at the state of the USCF today. Revenues and
memberships are down and we are about to lose another $100,000. So did
anyone resign for putting the USCF in this situation? Does the President
or ED have the honor and decency to step down and let others fix the
problems to save the USCF?

When I ran for the board, I recommended Mr. Korenman and Bauer. The
other side claimed that it was a slate even though I said it is not
true. I recommended the people who I thought had the best skills and
experience in specific areas. 9 months later, who is right? Can anyone
name me a person who believes that Randy Bauer is a part of my slate? I
recommended Randy because of his past experience with the Iowa budget.

I am not a chess politician and I will never be. I hate chess politics.
I am a chess professional, chess Mom, chess teacher, and chess promoter.
I care about the future of chess. I care about the next generation of
chess players. If I walk away from the USCF today, it will not change my
finances one bit. In fact, it would probably enhance it.

I just do what I feel is best for U.S. chess and the USCF. I do not want
to see this federation go under without at least attempting to help it.
I do not call or write anyone to push my views. I make my views known
publicly without any interference or pitiful political games. I will
continue to speak out and let all 80,000 USCF members know what is going
on with their federation and why we lost money in 10 of the last 12
years. I cannot be bought by anyone.

If members do not know the truth, they cannot even demand for change.
The board actually believes that the voices of a dozen or so of their
politically motivated allies in the USCF forum or rec.games speak for
all 80,000 USCF members. They do not.

If they want to recall me, let them. In fact, I would even challenge
them to recall me. I would like to see the people who raise their hands
to vote to recall me. The USCF is not going to get better until
everything will come to light. This is how I intend to help change the
USCF. I will expose all their unethical activities until they will stop
and act ethically, responsibly, and put the best interest of chess and
the USCF first.

Greetings from Rome!
Susan Polgar