Old July 8th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Gregory Just Can't Get It Right

gregory wrote:An investigation was performed by Brian Lafferty on an EB
members family member, and the moderators, with the backing of the FOC,
pulled the posts.
------------------

Incorrect. I ran an Intelius public record search on Mr Truong which
came up with a known alias used by Mr. Trong. That alias used his
ex-wife's last name and Mr. Truong's first name. At no time have I run a
public record search on any of Mr. Truong's family members.
--------------------------

After pulling the post, David Quinn leaked our conversations to Hal
Bogner, they forwarded our conversations to non EB members such as Brian
Lafferty and Wayne Praeder.
-----------------

Incorrect again, Mr. Alexander. I never received in any form
"conversations" as you describe. The only thing I received was a copy of
Mr. Truong's email communication set forth by me in another post on this
thread to which my attorney responded.
---------------

Our conversations that took place in a private forum were then used
against us legally. Several of us asked Bill Goichberg and Hall how to
respond, and we were ignored.

Far from 'drivel', this is a very pertinent USCF issue that pertains to
the constant leaking of what should be confidential information, and how
the USCF treats it's volunteer members. It also pertains to the current
climate of events. Steve, if you object to the content of this post,
feel free to correct it. However, if you do so, I reserve the right to
respond with original posts.

I believe that everything that I wrote is factual, and it is backed up
with original posts.
Old July 9th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Sent: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 3:40 am

Susan,

Please consider removing the following post from your forums. Your
rules state 'We invite and encourage a healthy exchange of opinions.
However, be polite and respectful to all other posters, even if you do
not like them or agree with what they say. Name calling, insults,
"flaming" and attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated.'
Please note I am not active in the current recall campaign, and I am
not a member of the current USCF Forum Oversight Committee.
***
Prior USCF political investigations against a board member
by gregory_alexander on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:29 am
This was just posted in the USCF Forums which states that I have my
'facts' incorrect'. For the readership: Wayne Praeder is very active
in the current recall campaign, and along with David Quinn, he was
appointed to the current USCF Forum Oversight Committee, better known
as the FOC.

And... as everyone will soon find out-- he is lying.
WPraeder wrote:
gregory wrote:
WPraeder wrote:
DACP wrote:Mark,

It is my understanding that Mr. Lafferty's attorney addressed the
issue. IMO, it would be in everyone's best interest to not go here
again.

Donna,

As one who has read the FOC archives, I must agree with you. I find
this entire thread to be inappropriate. Note in my view a private
communication is a conversation intended for a single individual not
tied in any way to one’s official duties. Such a conversation should
be differentiated from a privileged communication, a confidential
communication, as well as a communication that has been distributed to
third parties.

Regards,
Wayne Praeder

It should be duly noted that Wayne also received our confidential
conversations from Hal Bogner and David Quinn.

Gregory,

As an FOC member I had access to all the FOC forums and archives.
Please note I made a point as an FOC member to advocate that FOC
members and moderators should be held to the same AUG standards for
respectful communications as other members. Please get your facts
straight. Thank you.

Regards,
Wayne Praeder

Sorry Mr. Praeder. You're lying and the following quote from Steve
Owens on May 3rd 2007 helps to prove the point. While I don't care to
press this and post them; I have other emails that prove that you
recieved private FOC conversations from Hal Bogner as well. I hope
that you don't try to attempt similar sophistry in your attempted
recall campaign

Sent to the FOC email group, of which I belonged to, on May at 10:18
AM. Read by most of the other FOC members other than David Quinn.
Italics mine:
Steve Owens wrote:Hasn't it already? Lafferty is posting clear
violations of the AUG
with immunity. Bogner and Praeder have information that they should
never have known existed. I think the FOC is fairly well foc'd. I
stated when the ED suspended the sanction that if we did not act THEN,
at that moment, our mandate would vanish.

And it has.

Add onto this that I, for one, can never discuss what we need to
discuss in that forum again as long as the leak is there.

I don't see what continuation the FOC can possibly have. I only hope
we can come out of this with a strong moderation system, but that
looks to be a long shot.
When posting from this account, I am not acting as a moderator. My
posts under this account are subjected to moderation by the rest of
the moderators.

***
I view this as retaliation for the ethics complaint I submitted to
facilitate due process. Attached is my amended response to this post
that I will also remove.
***

by WPraeder on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:02 am #107452
gregory wrote:
WPraeder wrote:
[...]

respectful communications as other members. As an addendum we seem to
be talking past each other. We can discuss what is confidential verses
not or if I do also receive items that are being circulated amongst
our leadership. You can believe what you want but please feel free to
provide the substantiated proof (not hearsay or speculation) that as
an FOC member I did not have access to the FOC forums and archives, I
received "our" confidential communications from “Mr. Bogner and Mr.
Quinn”, and I am part of any recall campaign or please withdraw/modify
you claims and I will do the same. Please make an effort to get your
facts straight. Thank you.

Regards,
Wayne Praeder

***
Regardless of any disagreement of opinions we may have I know we both
desire accuracy in our communication of facts. Hopefully we can take
the discussion offline. Thank you for your consideration in this
matter.

Regards,
Wayne Praeder

Status for ':