Old July 10th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default What was leaked?

What was leaked?

Anybody who has been reading Susan Polgar's Blog and also her
discussion group at chess discussion dot com will have seen that she
repeatedly complains about leaks and about threats made against her
children. See also where her supporter Gregory Alexander writes,
"Brian Lafferty used our internal FOC conversations that were leaked
to him".

http://www.chessdiscussion.com/phpBB...php?f=4&t=1299

We have all been wondering what these threats and leaks were. Now,
this issue has been brought up again by Gregory Alexander and Mark
Nibbelin over on the USCF Discussion Forum. It appears that one of
these leaks was of a letter that Paul Truong sent to the Forum
Oversight Committee or FOC last year. This letter strongly implied but
did not exactly state that attorney Brian Lafferty had been making
threats against Susan Polgar's children. The letter was leaked to
Lafferty by Quinn whereupon Lafftery's lawyer wrote a strongly worded
letter to Paul Truong, which has been posted at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewuo9u/

Here is the offending letter from Paul Truong to the FOC that was
leaked:

"Steve, I am VERY concerned about this Lafferty. As mentioned several
times, someone sent threatening email to Susan telling her to drop out
of the race or her kids will be harmed. We reported to the authority
and basically it came to a dead end.

"Who is Mr. Derazza? No one who knows me know this name. That is the
name of my ex-wife/best friend. She has never gone to any chess event
in all the years. No one in the chess community even knows her even
though we were together since 1987 and have 2 children together. She
has kept my last name even when divorced in 1998.

"To others, this name means nothing. However, I believe that it is a
message that he is sending to me, that he can dig up information if he
wants to. The email to Susan also contains similar "vague" clues.

"The AUG states: "Before you post a message that is intended to
embarrass, humiliate or harass another person or group of people, stop
and THINK first! Harassing communications are continued persistent
attacks that are intended to cause distress, embarrassment, unwanted
attention or other discomfort."

"Many people have offered a solution to Lafferty to check my
credentials. He refused and continued to hijack every thread that I
posted on. It is obvious that he has no interest in the truth.

"I would like to complain about this issue as he clearly violated the
AUG.

"Thanks!
"PT"