Old July 11th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Alexander Gets It Wrong AGAIN

From chessdiscussion:
by gregory_alexander on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:08 pm
I expected you to try to side track and raise the issue of what is a
'legal' paper Steve. By stating that you were the only ‘FOC’ member that
received a ‘true’ legal paper from ‘Brian Lafferty’s attorney’, you are
trying to infer that what happened was not a big deal. You are also
quibbling between the distinction between the FOC and moderators. The
fact is that all of the active FOC members, as well as moderators,
received multiple legal threats by Brian Lafferty, and it caused
enormous harm.
---------------------------------------
My Attorney sent two letters to the primary parties involved in the
behind the back letter sent by Truong to Steve Owens. My attorney's
letter to Truong was sent only to Truong at multiple addresses for him.
The letter to Mr. Owens was sent in care of the USCF with a copy of
that letter sent to Bill Hall as ED of the USCF.
Just what Mr. Alexander is referring to regarding "multiple legal
threats" should be specified by him. Until that is done, it is of no
use to address this point in Alexander's missive.

I find your statements that this is not such a big deal to be quite
hypocritical. You were one of the most vociferous persons regarding this
issue, and you resigned due to it after a month. I question your
motives; you just worked with Brian Lafferty on the recall committee—right?
--------------------------------------
Wrong. Completely wrong Mr. Alexander. I have not worked on the recall
petition and am not a member of the group working on the Truong recall.
My understanding is that Mr. Owens has been working on the recall.
You really need to get your facts straight.

This is a vital issue that pertains to how volunteers are handled by the
current President and the ED. If you choose to dispute that we were all
threatened again, or start quibbling about other issues in an attempt to
lessen the significance, I reserve the right to provide your own quotes
to verify the contentions that I laid out. This is my third and final
warning to this effect. Being ethical is a two way street bud :evil: .

Any comments?