Old July 12th 08, 12:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Stupidest game of the month. 11 move Mate.

I played Beginner. I played Handicap Level and got a Knight Extra.

At GetClub with Handicap Level you can turn any level with a Knight/
Bishop/ Rook/ Queen Extra.

I thought that beginer without a Knight will be easy for me to win.

But when I played the game Beginner gave me Check Mate even without a
Knight.

And that too in just 11 Moves.

Rember I was having a Knight Extra. Still Beginner was able to win the
game.

Game Played between sanjay11 and beginner_x_N at GetClub.com

sanjay11: (Black)
beginner_x_N: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...495&game=Chess

White -- Black
(beginner_x_N) -- (sanjay11)

1. e2-e4{0} e7-e5{10}
2. Nb1-c3{16} Nb8-c6{4}
3. Bf1-c4{8} d7-d6{4}
4. Qd1-h5{12} g7-g6{14}
5. Qh5-f3{6} Ng8-f6{8}
6. Nc3-b5{10} a7-a6{4}
7. Nb5-c7{6} Qd8-c7{8}
8. Qf3-f6{8} Rh8-g8{12}
9. c2-c3{6} Bf8-e7{8}
10. Qf6-f7{6} Ke8-d7{16}
11. Bc4-e6{2}
sanjay11: (Black)
beginner_x_N: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...495&game=Chess

So you can see even with a Knight down Beginner is tough on me.

Bye
Sanny

Old July 12th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
[...]

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Well DUH, of course Beginner easily wins from you even when down a
knight. Your chess skills are even worse than your programming skills.
Old July 12th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Well DUH, of course Beginner easily wins from you even when down a
knight. Yourchessskills are even worse than your programming skills.- Hide quoted text -

There is one Baby level which is even weak than Beginner. I am unable
to win the Baby Level also.

Now, I will try Baby Level with Extra Knight. If I fail I will get
Extra Rook against Baby Level.

Once can take Extra Queen/ Rook/ Bishop / Knight with any of the
levels. Still they are very strong.

Old July 12th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny schrieb:
Well DUH, of course Beginner easily wins from you even when down a
knight. Yourchessskills are even worse than your programming skills.- Hide quoted text -

There is one Baby level which is even weak than Beginner. I am unable
to win the Baby Level also.

Now, I will try Baby Level with Extra Knight. If I fail I will get
Extra Rook against Baby Level.

Once can take Extra Queen/ Rook/ Bishop / Knight with any of the
levels. Still they are very strong.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Dude, are you serious?
this makes me very curious.. i mean, you openly admit that you have
virtually no understanding of chess whatsoever and YET you are writing
some chess software? how do you do that?
your software must use some algorithm to evaluate a given position. As
you cannot do that yourself,how do you teach a computer? do you use
other existing algorithms?

Tobias
Old July 12th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Dude, are you serious?
this makes me very curious.. i mean, you openly admit that you have
virtually no understanding ofchesswhatsoever and YET you are writing
somechesssoftware? how do you do that?
your software must use some algorithm to evaluate a given position. As
you cannot do that yourself,how do you teach a computer? do you use
other existing algorithms?

See I know all rules of Chess. But when I play a game I make so many
mistakes that I am never able to win Beginner Level. It takes my
pieces like birthday cake.

I have good understanding of Chess by getting Help Bot suggestions. He
has helped me a lot. Thats the reasion I seek help from people on the
group. Help Bot suggestions and analysis help me understand the
weaknesses in the game.

Now, I do not find any thing wrong with the game. Yes it makes a few
illegal moves that needs to be corrected.

Beginner Level used to play better than me the first day the program
was launched. I was so happy 2 years back but players on this group
beat it like cucumber and sliced and eat it.

I am just 1100 rated as per the players here. I often play using
Rybka help. Then I am able to beat even the Easy and Normal Levels.

Bye
Sanny

Old July 12th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default I won Baby Level with Extra Rook

I was able to win the Baby Level with 1 Rook extra.

Game Played between sanjay11 and baby_x_R at GetClub.com

sanjay11: (White)
baby_x_R: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...549&game=Chess

White -- Black
(sanjay11) -- (baby_x_R)

1. e2-e4{4} e7-e5{0}
2. d2-d3{2} d7-d5{0}
3. e4-d5{2} Qd8-d5{2}
4. Nb1-c3{2} Bf8-b4{2}
5. Bc1-d2{4} Bb4-c3{2}
6. Bd2-c3{2} Ng8-f6{2}
7. Ng1-f3{2} Nb8-c6{2}
8. h2-h3{2} Ke8-g8{2}
9. a2-a3{4} Bc8-d7{4}
10. Bf1-e2{4} Ra8-d8{8}
11. Ke1-g1{4} Bd7-f5{4}
12. b2-b4{4} b7-b6{2}
13. Qd1-d2{10} h7-h6{4}
14. Rf1-e1{6} Rd8-d6{4}
15. Be2-f1{14} Rd6-e6{10}
16. Qd2-e3{4} e5-e4{2}
17. d3-e4{4} Re6-e4{2}
18. Qe3-d2{8} Re4-e1{26}
19. Ra1-e1{4} Kg8-h8{6}
20. Nf3-e5{2} Nc6-e5{2}
21. Qd2-d5{6} Nf6-d5{2}
22. Re1-e5{2} Bf5-e6{4}
23. Bc3-b2{8} c7-c6{2}
24. Bf1-c4{4} b6-b5{2}
25. Bc4-d5{2} Be6-d5{2}
26. Re5-e7{4} a7-a6{2}
27. Re7-a7{20} f7-f6{2}
28. Ra7-a6{6} h6-h5{4}
29. a3-a4{4} b5-a4{2}
30. Ra6-a4{2} Kh8-h7{2}
31. Bb2-d4{4} Kh7-h6{2}
32. c2-c3{6} f6-f5{2}
33. Ra4-a5{4} g7-g6{4}
34. b4-b5{2} c6-b5{2}
35. Ra5-b5{2} Bd5-c4{4}
36. Rb5-c5{2} Bc4-e6{2}
37. Rc5-c6{4} Be6-g8{2}
38. Rc6-c8{4} Bg8-b3{2}
39. c3-c4{2} h5-h4{2}
40. c4-c5{2} g6-g5{2}
41. c5-c6{4} Bb3-e6{2}
42. -c8-h8{4} Kh6-g6{0}
43. c6-c7{6} Kg6-f7{8}
44. Rc7-c8{Q}{4} Be6-c8{2}
45. Bh8-c8{2} g5-g4{2}
46. h3-g4{4} f5-g4{2}
47. -c8-c6{4} h4-h3{2}
48. g2-h3{2} g4-h3{2}
49. Kg1-h2{2} Kf7-e8{4}
50. c6-c7{4} Ke8-d8{2}
51. Bd4-e5{2} Kd8-e8{0}
52. Kh2-h3{4} Re8-f8{6}
53. Kh3-g4{2} Rf8-g8{2}
54. Kg4-g5{2} Rg8-f8{0}
55. Kg5-f6{4} Kf8-e8{0}
sanjay11: (White)
baby_x_R: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...549&game=Chess

It took me 55 moves to win Baby Level with a Extra Rook.

Am I still 1100+ Player?

Old July 12th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny schrieb:

See I know all rules of Chess. But when I play a game I make so many
mistakes that I am never able to win Beginner Level. It takes my
pieces like birthday cake.

I have good understanding of Chess by getting Help Bot suggestions.

the reason i asked you ist because i am a student of computer science.
game theory in general is of some interest to me. Unfortunately you did
not reply to my other message concerning GetClub and open source. Have
you thought about that option?

And i am still curious. Do you want to reveal some internals of your
engine? The main question is, how do you compare two positions. ( i mean
positions when the engine has left the opening book)
Say, position A and a position B which is a couple of moves away from
position A. Do you compare material? possibilities of tactics (pins,
forks, ets.), and also, how do you weigh the possible moves. Which move
is more probable to occur in the game? how do you answer that question?

did you write your engine from scratch? or did you start with some
existing engines?

Greetings,
Tobias
Old July 12th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

"Tobias Heidelmann" wrote in message
Sanny schrieb:

See I know all rules of Chess. But when I play a game I make so many
mistakes that I am never able to win Beginner Level. It takes my
pieces like birthday cake.

I have good understanding of Chess by getting Help Bot suggestions.

the reason i asked you ist because i am a student of computer science.
game theory in general is of some interest to me. Unfortunately you did
not reply to my other message concerning GetClub and open source. Have you
thought about that option?

I doubt that he has.

He's rather secretive about his program. Not sure if it's shame or
arrogance.

And i am still curious. Do you want to reveal some internals of your
engine? The main question is, how do you compare two positions. ( i mean

Many people have asked him about some internal details, and he always
ignores the question.

I think he's so secretive because he believes he's such a good programmer
and his chess program is so good that he's right on the verge becoming
internationally famous and rich. (And unfortunately, I'm not joking....)

positions when the engine has left the opening book)
Say, position A and a position B which is a couple of moves away from
position A. Do you compare material? possibilities of tactics (pins,
forks, ets.), and also, how do you weigh the possible moves. Which move is
more probable to occur in the game? how do you answer that question?

Considering Sanny has said he knew nothing about computer chess when he
started, and that he has done no research during this time, it's uncertain
as to what kind of program structure he has. (Do we believe him about his
lack of research.... I think most of us do, else the program would have
progressed much faster.)

I have some suspicioun that it might even be selective search. That would
explain the tactical blunders that people talk about regularly. He's trying
to look at the plasible moves and is missing the tactical stuff because they
don't apear reasonable at first glance.

Unless the program is incredibly buggy (which is possible), a brute force
with just a tiny bit of knowledge would be expected to play substantially
better.

did you write your engine from scratch? or did you start with some
existing engines?

Considering the quality of play and that it's still making illegal moves and
tactical blunders, it is safe to say that he started from scratch with
little to no knowldge of chess programming.

Greetings,
Tobias

Old July 12th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
SBD SBD is offline

On Jul 12, 12:03 pm, Sanny wrote:

It took me 55 moves to win Baby Level with a Extra Rook.

Am I still 1100+ Player?

You never were, not on your best day.
Old July 12th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

I have some suspicioun that it might even be selective search. That would
explain the tactical blunders that people talk about regularly. He's trying
to look at the plasible moves and is missing the tactical stuff because they
don't apear reasonable at first glance.

Unless the program is incredibly buggy (which is possible), a brute force
with just a tiny bit of knowledge would be expected to play substantially
better.

I am very satisfied with the Game GetClub is playing. I only wanted it
for general Players and not to compete with Fritz & Rybka which are
the leaders in Chess.

GetClub is just a penny in front of these Big programs.

GetClub Chess is not for competing with Chess Engines but only for
fun. and people wishing to pass there time playing Chess.

Bye
Sanny