Old July 13th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Polgar the Homelessness Expert and Myth Maker

From Polgar's Saturday open forum:

Anonymous said...

Having worked with the homeless for over twenty years, I can tell
you that your statement that the homeless are so because they are not
doing something right is ignorantly myopic at best. I have seen people
arrive seeking shelter who have done everything right, only to find
themselves out of work and unable to find employment or they are working
poor, unable to afford even rental housing of the most decrepit sort. I
have great respect for your ability over the chess board. As to life,
you have much to learn.
Saturday, July 12, 2008 6:14:00 PM CDT
Blogger SusanPolgar said...

Sorry but I disagree with you. I also work with people in homeless
shelters and kids from the poorest areas in the country. So does my
husband. We both donate money, clothing, and food, etc. to help the
unfortunate people. I myself came from a poor family in the communist
regime. I am also a board member of Point Hope (www.pointhope.org).

There are always exceptions to what I said in my earlier post. I am
talking about things in general. People who work hard and smart usually
succeed.

People often ask why the Polgar sisters are so successful in chess.
It is because we worked harder than most others. As I stated earlier, I
work as equally hard when I decided to branch out to other aspects of chess.

My husband came to America at the age of 14 as a refugee without
knowing any English, having any money, or other possession.

He and his father arrived on December 1, 1979 at Newark Airport,
each with a pair of pants, a T-shirt and beach sandals in the middle of
the winter. After that, they were living in a storage basement during
the winter time without heat, bathroom, or running water.

They received used clothing from local churches. In spite of this,
he opened his first company when he was 22 years old shortly after
college having to learn a brand new language and culture.

And for your information, he was living on about 30 cents a day in
the beginning eating instant noodles (10 cents a package x 3 meals a
day) while sending just about everything they earned from multiple jobs
back to Vietnam to support over 60 relatives including his mother and
brother.

He worked 16-18 hours a day, 7 days a week, basically since he
arrived in America. Even with his success, he is still working just as
hard today. The only difference is he is donating most of his time to
help chess.

There is usually no miracle in life. If you want to succeed, you
must do the right things. As I said, there are always exceptions. But if
we can do it, many others can too.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
Saturday, July 12, 2008 6:41:00 PM CDT

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are only interested in self promoting your ass. You learned it
from your ******* husband. Don't lie now, you shameless bitch.
Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:14:00 PM CDT

Sadly, Ms. Polgar is truly ignorant of the causes of homelessness in the
US. She would do well to look at the following and educate herself
rather than living the myth of Mr. Truong who's tale awaits complete
verification:

http://www.nhchc.org/Children/sld018.htm

http://www.homelessresourcenetwork.org/causes.html

http://anitraweb.org/homelessness/fa...ses/index.html

http://www.dosomething.org/node/44294

http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vannema...98/causes.html
Old July 13th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Truly astounding!

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2008...-forum_12.html

Polgar writes, "This is why I also advocate for chess players to be
multi-dimensional. I have many different interests and my chess career
includes top level success in many different areas such as: playing,
writing, teaching, promoting and more. I also do chess commentary for
major events as well as organizing major chess tournaments."

The truth is that Susan Polgar is the most one-dimensional person we
can imagine. She never went to school a day in her life. Her father
kept her out of school and made her play and study chess 8-10 hours a
day. The only thing she can do is play chess. The only thing she
studies in chess. The only thing she reads about is chess. The only
thing she knows is chess. The only thing she ever talks about is
chess.

Old July 13th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jul 12, 8:32*pm, Brian Lafferty wrote:
*From Polgar's Saturday open forum:

[...]

I pity Susan for her ignorance. I pray it is ignorance, if not that
is one of the most disgusting comments I have ever heard. She must not
have a clue what fuel costs, insurance costs and inflation are doing
to the average person. She doesn't know that many many citizens of the
USA are only a couple paychecks away from losing everything.
Old July 13th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jul 12, 6:32 pm, Brian Lafferty wrote:

Sadly, Ms. Polgar is truly ignorant of the causes of homelessness in the
US. She would do well to look at the following and educate herself
rather than living the myth of Mr. Truong who's tale awaits complete
verification:

http://www.nhchc.org/Children/sld018.htm

http://www.homelessresourcenetwork.org/causes.html

http://anitraweb.org/homelessness/fa...ses/index.html

http://www.dosomething.org/node/44294

http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vannema...98/causes.html

Even if Truong were completely telling the truth, the fact is that
non-white immigrants (such as Truong) can get more help in this
country than native Americans; that was probably true in 1979
and certainly is now.

Andrew Usher
Old July 13th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

On Jul 12, 8:22 pm, samsloan wrote:
Truly astounding!

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2008...-forum_12.html

Polgar writes, "This is why I also advocate for chess players to be
multi-dimensional. I have many different interests and my chess career
includes top level success in many different areas such as: playing,
writing, teaching, promoting and more. I also do chess commentary for
major events as well as organizing major chess tournaments."

The truth is that Susan Polgar is the most one-dimensional person we
can imagine. She never went to school a day in her life. Her father
kept her out of school and made her play and study chess 8-10 hours a
day. The only thing she can do is play chess. The only thing she
studies in chess. The only thing she reads about is chess. The only
thing she knows is chess. The only thing she ever talks about is
chess.

Sam Sloan

Susan writes on her blog:

"I also work with people in homeless shelters and kids from the
poorest areas in the country. So does my husband. We both donate
money, clothing, and food, etc. to help the unfortunate people. I
myself came from a poor family in the communist regime. I am also a
board member of Point Hope (www.pointhope.org)."

Finally we learn that Miss Polgar spends a great deal of her time
working with the homeless in shelters.

Who would have thought than when Miss Polgar was 15-16 years old and
already she was an international globetrotter living in a condominium
apartment in Budapest that only the upper-crust could afford and
neither she nor her parents ever had to work a day in their life other
than play chess, that she "came from a poor family".

Old July 13th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Susan writes on her blog:

"I also work with people in homeless shelters and kids from the
poorest areas in the country. So does my husband. We both donate
money, clothing, and food, etc. to help the unfortunate people. I
myself came from a poor family in the communist regime. I am also a
board member of Point Hope (www.pointhope.org)."

Finally we learn that Miss Polgar spends a great deal of her time
working with the homeless in shelters.

Who would have thought than when Miss Polgar was 15-16 years old and
already she was an international globetrotter living in a condominium
apartment in Budapest that only the upper-crust could afford and
neither she nor her parents ever had to work a day in their life other
than play chess, that she "came from a poor family".

A search on Google for "point hope board members" lists five board
members for Point Hope, none of whom are named Susan Polgar or Paul
Truong.
Old July 13th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

Susan writes on her blog:

[...]

That picture on the website looks amazingly like a picture of a PTA
meeting at the school my six-year-old daughter attends in the Bronx.

http://www.pointhope.org/atf/cf/%7Be...tingchance.gif

I am not joking. I live in an African neighborhood in the Bronx and
the parents of about half the kids in my daughter's school PS199 were
born in Africa. They bring their kids to school dressed exactly like
that.

Perhaps Miss Polgar should send us some money.

Old July 13th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Susan writes on her blog:

[...]

The Point Hope web site also links to Delilah, the radio talk show host
who is a is pictured with Ms. Polgar on her SPF web site. IIRC, Delilah
is a friend of Frank Niro, former USCF ED and board member of the SPF
foundation.

I have done a Guidestar search for information on Point Hope Foundation
and have come up with no listing for this foundation. There is also no
listing for the Point Hope Foundation with the Washington State
Secretary of State.

A search of the IRS listings of qualified non-profit organization comes
up with NO listing for Point Hope Foundation.
http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/

This will be an interesting matter for further research. Stay tuned.
Old July 13th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

I have posted the following on the Satuday Open Forum on Ms. Polgar's Blog.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done a Guidestar search for information on Point Hope
Foundation and have come up with no listing for this foundation. There
is also no listing for the Point Hope Foundation with the Washington
State Secretary of State.

A search of the IRS listings of qualified non-profit organization
comes up with no listing for Point Hope Foundation.
http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/

There is also nothing that I can find on the Point Hope Foundation
web site to indicate that you or Mr. Truong are directors of that
foundation.

Please clarify, if you can.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Brian Lafferty

Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:07:00 AM CDT
Old July 13th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jul 13, 11:09 am, Brian Lafferty wrote:
I have posted the following on the Satuday Open Forum on Ms. Polgar's Blog.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done a Guidestar search for information on Point Hope
Foundation and have come up with no listing for this foundation. There
is also no listing for the Point Hope Foundation with the Washington
State Secretary of State.

A search of the IRS listings of qualified non-profit organization
comes up with no listing for Point Hope Foundation.http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/

There is also nothing that I can find on the Point Hope Foundation
web site to indicate that you or Mr. Truong are directors of that
foundation.

Please clarify, if you can.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Brian Lafferty

Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:07:00 AM CDT

How long until Trolgar deletes the posting, folks?