Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to eachother

During their campaign to be elected to the USCF Executive Board,
Polgar and Truong concealed the fact that they were married to each
other.

Here is one example from the USCF Forums in January 2007:

http://main.uschess.org/forums/viewt...?p=27774#27774

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfalter
My, how easily threads can get side-tracked!
Truong's views on corporate governance should be known and discussed -
but please, not on this thread! If you want Paul to give those views,
please start a new thread. Also, the question about whether Paul and
Susan are married is not only off-topic for this thread, it is
entirely out-of-bounds for any thread. They have stated that they are
excellent friends and collaborate closely. A marriage is a legally
recognized relationship that they clearly do not have. And anyone who
disagrees with my Paul/Susan view: please take it to another thread!
Let's (pretty please with sugar on top) not hijack this thread for
other purposes, and let Paul give us some details on his business
career. And after he responds, we can discuss his business bio.

Thanks to all readers,

Chris Falter
This thread is very interesting in view of what has happened in the
year and a half since then.

Here, Chris Falter, who was at that time one of their strongest
supporters, writes: "marriage is a legally recognized relationship
that they clearly do not have". Yet, we now know that they really were
married. This was revealed by a newspaper reporter in Lubbock, Texas
several months later.

Truong, posting immediately below this, said nothing to contradict
this. Other times during the election campaign, Truong complained to
the moderators and got all questions asking whether he was married to
Polgar or not deleted from the forums.

Sam Sloan
  #2   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 12:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to eachother

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblair
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
... Certain questions could not be
asked of certain candidates, such as whether they were married to each
other or not. ...
A note that any member can look up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
samsloan 11115292
Post:27774
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:27 pm
Thread: A Request to Paul Truong for Further Documentation
....
.... Why does he refuse to answer simple questions such as, is he
married to Susan Polgar or not?
....
http://main.uschess.org/forums/viewt...?p=27774#27774
Thank you Louis Blair for pointing out this very interesting thread,
especially in view of what has happened since then.

Unfortunately the records are sealed but those who remember will know
that starting in December 2006 they were asked many times on the USCF
Issues Forum whether they were married to each other or not.

Each time, they complained to the forum moderators and got the
question pulled so that we can no longer see the questions and their
non-answers.

This is a good example of the Moderator Bias that Steve Owens now
claims did not exist.

Sam Sloan
  #3   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,194
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to eachother



samsloan wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lblair
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
... Certain questions could not be
asked of certain candidates, such as whether they were married to each
other or not. ...
A note that any member can look up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
samsloan 11115292
Post:27774
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:27 pm
Thread: A Request to Paul Truong for Further Documentation
...
... Why does he refuse to answer simple questions such as, is he
married to Susan Polgar or not?
...
http://main.uschess.org/forums/viewt...?p=27774#27774

Thank you Louis Blair for pointing out this very interesting thread,
especially in view of what has happened since then.

Unfortunately the records are sealed but those who remember will know
that starting in December 2006 they were asked many times on the USCF
Issues Forum whether they were married to each other or not.

Each time, they complained to the forum moderators and got the
question pulled so that we can no longer see the questions and their
non-answers.

This is a good example of the Moderator Bias that Steve Owens now
claims did not exist.

Sam Sloan



This is insane. You claim that the question could not be asked on the
USCF Forum, while quoting a post (still visible) in which you asked
the question. You just proved yourself a liar. Did I say this was
insane? No, anyone who takes you seriously is insane.
  #4   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to eachother

On Jul 13, 7:42 am, wrote:
samsloan wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lblair
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
... Certain questions could not be
asked of certain candidates, such as whether they were married to each
other or not. ...
A note that any member can look up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
samsloan 11115292
Post:27774
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:27 pm
Thread: A Request to Paul Truong for Further Documentation
...
... Why does he refuse to answer simple questions such as, is he
married to Susan Polgar or not?
...
http://main.uschess.org/forums/viewt...?p=27774#27774


Thank you Louis Blair for pointing out this very interesting thread,
especially in view of what has happened since then.


Unfortunately the records are sealed but those who remember will know
that starting in December 2006 they were asked many times on the USCF
Issues Forum whether they were married to each other or not.


Each time, they complained to the forum moderators and got the
question pulled so that we can no longer see the questions and their
non-answers.


This is a good example of the Moderator Bias that Steve Owens now
claims did not exist.


Sam Sloan


This is insane. You claim that the question could not be asked on the
USCF Forum, while quoting a post (still visible) in which you asked
the question. You just proved yourself a liar. Did I say this was
insane? No, anyone who takes you seriously is insane.


Not true. There were more than a dozen times on the USCF Issues Forum
when Paul Truong or Susan Polgar were directly asked the question "Are
you married to each other?" These questions started being asked in mid-
December 2006 when rumors started circulating that they were married.

In each case, the censors snipped the question so you cannot read them
now.

In this one case, pointed out by Louis Blair, I did not ask the
question directly. Instead, I wrote, "Why does he refuse to answer
simple questions such as, is he married to Susan Polgar or not?" Paul
Truong, in spite to answering seven more times in that thread, signing
under the User ID "ChessPromotion", each time ignored the question
about his marriage.

Unfortunately, non-USCF members and those who are not registered for
access to the USCF Issues Forum cannot see the link at
http://main.uschess.org/forums/viewt...?p=27774#27774
which is under the subject heading, "A Request to Paul Truong for
Further Documentation".

Sam Sloan
  #5   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2004
Posts: 668
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to each other

[...]

Unfortunately the records are sealed but those who remember will know
that starting in December 2006 they were asked many times on the USCF
Issues Forum whether they were married to each other or not.

Each time, they complained to the forum moderators and got the
question pulled so that we can no longer see the questions and their
non-answers.


Completely appropriate - or do you think that it is
appropriate to keep asking you why you married a gaggle
of illiterate mailorder brides?


This is a good example of the Moderator Bias that Steve Owens now
claims did not exist.

Sam Sloan



  #6   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 798
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to eachother

On Jul 13, 6:45*am, samsloan wrote:
During their campaign to be elected to the USCF Executive Board,
Polgar and Truong concealed the fact that they were married to each
other.

Here is one example from the USCF Forums in January 2007:

http://main.uschess.org/forums/viewt...?p=27774#27774

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfalter
My, how easily threads can get side-tracked!
Truong's views on corporate governance should be known and discussed -
but please, not on this thread! *If you want Paul to give those views,
please start a new thread. *Also, the question about whether Paul and
Susan are married is not only off-topic for this thread, it is
entirely out-of-bounds for any thread. *They have stated that they are
excellent friends and collaborate closely. * A marriage is a legally
recognized relationship that they clearly do not have. *And anyone who
disagrees with my Paul/Susan view: please take it to another thread!
Let's (pretty please with sugar on top) not hijack this thread for
other purposes, and let Paul give us some details on his business
career. *And after he responds, we can discuss his business bio.

Thanks to all readers,

Chris Falter

This thread is very interesting in view of what has happened in the
year and a half since then.

Here, Chris Falter, who was at that time one of their strongestsupporters, writes: *"marriage is a legally recognized relationship

that they clearly do not have". Yet, we now know that they really were
married. This was revealed by a newspaper reporter in Lubbock, Texas
several months later.

Truong, posting immediately below this, said nothing to contradict
this. Other times during the election campaign, Truong complained to
the moderators and got all questions asking whether he was married to
Polgar or not deleted from the forums.

Sam Sloan


Heck, it's even worse than you think, Sam. I heard they even
concealed their marriage *_from_* each other!
  #7   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
SBD SBD is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,172
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to eachother

On Jul 13, 9:48 am, wrote:
On Jul 13, 6:45 am, samsloan wrote:



During their campaign to be elected to the USCF Executive Board,
Polgar and Truong concealed the fact that they were married to each
other.


Here is one example from the USCF Forums in January 2007:


http://main.uschess.org/forums/viewt...?p=27774#27774


Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfalter
My, how easily threads can get side-tracked!
Truong's views on corporate governance should be known and discussed -
but please, not on this thread! If you want Paul to give those views,
please start a new thread. Also, the question about whether Paul and
Susan are married is not only off-topic for this thread, it is
entirely out-of-bounds for any thread. They have stated that they are
excellent friends and collaborate closely. A marriage is a legally
recognized relationship that they clearly do not have. And anyone who
disagrees with my Paul/Susan view: please take it to another thread!
Let's (pretty please with sugar on top) not hijack this thread for
other purposes, and let Paul give us some details on his business
career. And after he responds, we can discuss his business bio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfalter

Thanks to all readers,


Chris Falter


This thread is very interesting in view of what has happened in the
year and a half since then.


Here, Chris Falter, who was at that time one of their strongestsupporters, writes: "marriage is a legally recognized relationship


that they clearly do not have". Yet, we now know that they really were
married. This was revealed by a newspaper reporter in Lubbock, Texas
several months later.


Truong, posting immediately below this, said nothing to contradict
this. Other times during the election campaign, Truong complained to
the moderators and got all questions asking whether he was married to
Polgar or not deleted from the forums.


Sam Sloan


Heck, it's even worse than you think, Sam. I heard they even
concealed their marriage *_from_* each other!


Bruceski.
  #8   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,710
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to each other


wrote in message
...
On Jul 13, 6:45 am, samsloan wrote:
During their campaign to be elected to the USCF Executive Board,
Polgar and Truong concealed the fact that they were married to each
other.



Heck, it's even worse than you think, Sam. I heard they even
concealed their marriage *_from_* each other!

--

I knew about it, was about to announce that Paul had turned Mormon, and
married all three Polgar sisters, when the news broke.

The issue here is the same as Sloans' maligning of G. Alexander - that he
had no rating, completely ignoring that Carol Jarecki also had no rating.
Therefore - there is no principle involved - it is only personality
politics.

Once again here is an instance of Sam Sloan's disappointed infatuation with
personalised intriguing about one person only.

The Liebermann's are married, no? Did the sky fall down?

Obviously in the middle of the FSS fracas if you wanted to protect your
/family/ and especially your children, from further intrigue by others,
however honest they are to their actions, then you tell those with hostile
inquiries to mind their own business.

Sam Sloan once again obsesses about other people's family life since he
can't think of anything else this week other than rubbishing a USCF
volunteer - and DIRECTLY citing the Polgar connection, EVEN THOUGH he had
none at the time of his USCF work.

But USCF could have sorted this situation out a long time before even Sam
Sloan was elected. I asked the board if they actually had any principles?
Did they background check even executive staff and board members having to
do with children?

As usual, USCF pretended it wasn't a problem, did nothing, since at least
one board member found Sloan's speculations useful. The result is that is
that it will kill the federation, the only question is if it can survive
past next Spring's money shortage.

To shift the orientation of chess from these feuding personality obssessives
to a more executive-enabled system is the current issue - and as with Fide -
the rot is so deep that it would in fact be better to start over.

Phil Innes


  #9   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,224
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to eachother

Chess One wrote:
wrote in message
...
On Jul 13, 6:45 am, samsloan wrote:
During their campaign to be elected to the USCF Executive Board,
Polgar and Truong concealed the fact that they were married to each
other.



Heck, it's even worse than you think, Sam. I heard they even
concealed their marriage *_from_* each other!

--

I knew about it, was about to announce that Paul had turned Mormon, and
married all three Polgar sisters, when the news broke.

The issue here is the same as Sloans' maligning of G. Alexander - that he
had no rating, completely ignoring that Carol Jarecki also had no rating.
Therefore - there is no principle involved - it is only personality
politics.

Once again here is an instance of Sam Sloan's disappointed infatuation with
personalised intriguing about one person only.

The Liebermann's are married, no? Did the sky fall down?

Obviously in the middle of the FSS fracas if you wanted to protect your
/family/ and especially your children, from further intrigue by others,
however honest they are to their actions, then you tell those with hostile
inquiries to mind their own business.

Sam Sloan once again obsesses about other people's family life since he
can't think of anything else this week other than rubbishing a USCF
volunteer - and DIRECTLY citing the Polgar connection, EVEN THOUGH he had
none at the time of his USCF work.

But USCF could have sorted this situation out a long time before even Sam
Sloan was elected. I asked the board if they actually had any principles?
Did they background check even executive staff and board members having to
do with children?

As usual, USCF pretended it wasn't a problem, did nothing, since at least
one board member found Sloan's speculations useful. The result is that is
that it will kill the federation, the only question is if it can survive
past next Spring's money shortage.

To shift the orientation of chess from these feuding personality obssessives
to a more executive-enabled system is the current issue - and as with Fide -
the rot is so deep that it would in fact be better to start over.

Phil Innes


Phil, stupid and inane best describe your latest missive. But, I don't
hate you at all. You're too amusing to hate.
  #10   Report Post  
Old July 13th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,710
Default Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to each other


"Brian Lafferty" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Chess One wrote:
wrote in message
...
On Jul 13, 6:45 am, samsloan wrote:
During their campaign to be elected to the USCF Executive Board,
Polgar and Truong concealed the fact that they were married to each
other.



Heck, it's even worse than you think, Sam. I heard they even
concealed their marriage *_from_* each other!

--

I knew about it, was about to announce that Paul had turned Mormon, and
married all three Polgar sisters, when the news broke.

The issue here is the same as Sloans' maligning of G. Alexander - that he
had no rating, completely ignoring that Carol Jarecki also had no rating.
Therefore - there is no principle involved - it is only personality
politics.

Once again here is an instance of Sam Sloan's disappointed infatuation
with personalised intriguing about one person only.

The Liebermann's are married, no? Did the sky fall down?

Obviously in the middle of the FSS fracas if you wanted to protect your
/family/ and especially your children, from further intrigue by others,
however honest they are to their actions, then you tell those with
hostile inquiries to mind their own business.

Sam Sloan once again obsesses about other people's family life since he
can't think of anything else this week other than rubbishing a USCF
volunteer - and DIRECTLY citing the Polgar connection, EVEN THOUGH he had
none at the time of his USCF work.

But USCF could have sorted this situation out a long time before even Sam
Sloan was elected. I asked the board if they actually had any principles?
Did they background check even executive staff and board members having
to do with children?

As usual, USCF pretended it wasn't a problem, did nothing, since at least
one board member found Sloan's speculations useful. The result is that is
that it will kill the federation, the only question is if it can survive
past next Spring's money shortage.

To shift the orientation of chess from these feuding personality
obssessives to a more executive-enabled system is the current issue - and
as with Fide - the rot is so deep that it would in fact be better to
start over.

Phil Innes


Phil, stupid and inane best describe your latest missive. But, I don't
hate you at all. You're too amusing to hate.


Brian, I think you are already exposed for your lack of wit, sensitivity,
genuine desire to discuss aught, plus your basic honesty on anything other
than a single purpose in writing here. Why you should think you are winning
is, as above, a matter of the extent of your wit.

You cannot engage the comments I wrote, period! Instead - more 'amused'
abuse, which appears to suit you well enough.


Phil Innes


Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking Back: Truong and Polgar concealed their marriage to eachother samsloan rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) 6 July 13th 08 04:32 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017