Old July 15th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default Does the USCF have a $144,000 loss ??

Copied from
http://www.chessdiscussion.com/phpBB...php?f=4&t=1331

Paul and I have repeatedly asked to see the financial report and we
were told that it will come soon... This was a while back. We still do
not have it. Today, we received the report from Ms. Alarie and the
following note:

Since they were leaked to me and not sent to me by USCF's Finance
Chair or the USCF office, I see no reason not to continue the leak and
send them to Executive Board members who are entitled to see them.
These reports are the way I received them except I've added yellow
highlight to show the $144k loss in the first preliminary report and
the $82k loss in the second preliminary report.

The names on these two reports are changed from what they were when
they were sent to me. I changed them just so I could set up different
spreadsheets and not have them become confused. #1 was the first one
created and #2 was the second. I don't think I changed anything on
these spreadsheets other than the yellow highlights because I created
a third spreadsheet for my own analysis.

Why am I doing this? Because it's the right thing to do. USCF has a
major financial crisis and cannot afford the political games if it
wants to survive it. It will be crucial for everyone on the EB and the
delegates to understand the differences between the auditeds and the
office's reports. If USCF office management is producing reports with
$100k revenue swings in them, it is impossible for EB members to be
able to make informed decisions based on reality.

It is also my understanding that a request went from the office to the
LMA to borrow $50k from the LMA. I don't honestly understand that
since USCF has a credit line of $150k - unless USCF has already tapped
that line or expects to have it tapped before the delegates meeting -
something which I have no knowledge of one way or the other at
present.

Donna Alarie
Massachusetts Delegate
Old July 15th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Jul 15, 8:38*am, samsloan wrote:
Copied fromhttp://www.chessdiscussion.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1331

[...]

====================================
This probably means the Mensa model for chess won't be put into place
this month or even next month.
Old July 15th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 05:38:23 -0700 (PDT), samsloan wrote:

(junk snipped)

Stop crossposting this crap to unrelated newsgroups, or I'll plonk your
ratty ass.
Old July 15th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

This probably means the Mensa model for chess won't be put into place
this month or even next month.

Chess has changed a lot since I learned to play it (and I never was
good at it, but it was fun). It used to be concerned with moving
pieces on a chessboard. Now it seems to be mostly concerned with
the movement of memos, insults, and dollars around the Executive
Board.

I suppose now the modern game of chess usually starts by filing an
eviction lawsuit against one of the white chesspieces to make it move.

Old July 15th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Gordon Burditt wrote:
This probably means the Mensa model for chess won't be put into place
this month or even next month.

Chess has changed a lot since I learned to play it (and I never was
good at it, but it was fun). It used to be concerned with moving
pieces on a chessboard. Now it seems to be mostly concerned with
the movement of memos, insults, and dollars around the Executive
Board.

I suppose now the modern game of chess usually starts by filing an
eviction lawsuit against one of the white chesspieces to make it move.

The pieces could, I suppose, be viewed as governmental officials. To
get them to move, a Writ of Mandamus would be needed. The Writ has been
enshrined in statute in most jurisdictions. In NY State is would be an
Article 78 proceeding. :-)

Old July 16th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default Only a $144,000 loss ??

THIS CRAZY WORLD OF CHESS by GM Larry Evans (page 71)

"Nowadays lawyers seem to be replacing good moves over the
board." (2005)

Old July 16th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

The pieces could, I suppose, be viewed as governmental officials. *To
get them to move, a Writ of Mandamus would be needed. *The Writ has been
enshrined in statute in most jurisdictions. *In NY State is would be an
Article 78 proceeding. *:-)

And a well written Writ of Mandamus would no doubt be given
triple !!!'s and sent off to the respective state chess association's
eyecandy newsletter for publication.

Old Haasie