Old July 23rd 03, 08:16 PM
RSHaas

Default Beautiful Cumberland Plateau

I caught an infomercial promoting the development of high end lakeside homes 16
miles west of Crossville. Sure is a beautiful area.. woods, lakes, whitewater
streams, waterfalls, and wildlife. (RSHaas)
Old July 24th 03, 11:49 PM
Don Mihokovich

Kenneth Sloan wrote in message ...
(Fifiela) writes:

I caught an infomercial promoting the development of high end lakeside homes
16
miles west of Crossville. Sure is a beautiful area.. woods, lakes, whitewater
streams, waterfalls, and wildlife. (RSHaas)

But no bagels....

Don't be too sure. I find two or three spots in Birmingham, AL that
provide quite passable (fresh, made on the premises) bagels. A frequent
brunch for me is cream cheese, lox, tomatoe, and onion on a salt bagel.
(shh...don't tell my arteries).

It *is* occasionally difficult to find a decent egg bagel, and I had to
give up on one place that couldn't be made to understand that brown is
not an appropriate color for smoked salmon.

Gee...our local Piggly Wiggly just started carrying Dr. Brown's (but
again...I confess that it's a challenge to find Cel-Ray Tonic in stock).

__________________________________
You still have a Piggly Wiggly? The last time I saw one of those, I
was working to evict it for non-payment of rent @ Canton, Ohio.

don

p.s. Your frequent brunch is one of my favorite pre-mediation
breakfasts, although I have only had those ingredients (cream cheese,
lox, tomatoe, and onion) on a plain bagel. I'll have to step up to
the plate and try it on a salt bagel. The lingering onion and lox
aroma in the conference room tends to speed up the mediation process.
I had a mentor when I was a law clerk who used cigars for that
purpose, but we can't do that anymore.

don
Old July 25th 03, 01:48 AM
RSHaas

"You still have a Piggly Wiggly? The last time I saw one of those, I was
working to evict it for non-payment of rent @ Canton, Ohio. (don)
Well, now we know whom to call when Chess HQ goes belly up. (RSHaas)