Old July 26th 03, 04:15 PM
John Fernandez

Default Chess in Minnesota and CL TLA's

What gives? Is chess dying in Minnesota?

Kevin L. Bachler

It's dying everywhere, dude.

It's just not worth putting in a TLA, especially since recently- those TLAs
aren't making it to the web, or even to chess life.

John Fernandez
Old July 26th 03, 04:39 PM
RSHaas

"What gives? Is chess dying in Minnesota? (Kevin L. Bachler)
=============
Call the Minneapolis - St Paul Metro District organization. They're supposed
to be doing something about it. (RSHaas)
Old July 26th 03, 04:44 PM
John Fernandez

TLAs on the website are a disgrace. Tournament listings have not been updated
since June 7.

George Mirijanian

Yep. Say what you want about De Feis' TLA policy- this may be more of a fatal
blow to tournament chess than that.

John Fernandez
Old July 26th 03, 04:50 PM
RSHaas

"TLAs on the website are a disgrace. Tournament listings have not been updated
since June 7. (George Mirijanian)
==============
In my Metro District scheme the the District Organization (DO) could enter its
own TLA's directly onto the system. (RSHaas)
Old July 26th 03, 07:05 PM
ASCACHESS

"TLAs on the website are a disgrace. Tournament listings have not been
updated
since June 7. (George Mirijanian)
==============
In my Metro District scheme the the District Organization (DO) could enter
its
own TLA's directly onto the system. (RSHaas)

Or you could ignore USCF's website and do just that right now on
chesslogic.com.

How much incompetence are you willing to put up with?

Rp
Old July 26th 03, 08:01 PM
RSHaas

" If no one is running them now creating a local metro district with no people
to run it and no money to run anything won't help much." (Kevin L. Bachler)
=============
That's right. But a good chess federation would have Metro Districts in place
and would fund them with portion of the national dues. Unfortunately we've
never had a good national chess federation, hence no Districts and no money.
(RSHaas)
Old July 26th 03, 08:48 PM
StanB

"Miriling" wrote in message

Subject: Chess in Minnesota and CL TLA's

What gives? Is chess dying in Minnesota?

Kevin L. Bachler

It's dying everywhere, dude.

It's just not worth putting in a TLA, especially since recently- those

TLAs
aren't making it to the web, or even to chess life.

While Rome burns Niro fiddles around the country.

StanB

Old July 26th 03, 09:20 PM
Spam Scone

Kevin L. Bachler wrote in message ...
What gives? Is chess dying in Minnesota?
Kevin L. Bachler

I have yet to see a copy of their magazine, despite my attempts for
nearly a year to set up an exchange.