Old July 31st 03, 05:30 AM
RSHaas

Default YooHoo, Tim

Tim, somewhere in another thread I think it was you who said that each and
every one of the USCF's functions should operate at a profit. Have I recalled
that correctly? Evidently you think that can be achieved, otherwise you
wouldn't have said it. OK... suppose the USCF's $6 million gross can yield +8%
bottom line. That'd be $480,000. You've also said that the chess pie is so
small that whatever money there might be should be concentrated in one place so
as to gain the best effect.
Question, Tim. What would you have the USCF do with $480,000 concentrated
at the HQ level that would be more effective than dishing out $480,000 to
would-be Metro Disticts?
I might add here that everyone has screamed at me to show detailed plans for
implementing a Mensa scheme including a plan to find the resources for it. The
resouces, of course, would come from a profitable USCF. You, in effect, have
said the USCF should be, could be profitable. May I scream at you for your
detailed plan to reach profitability? Maybe Kevin Bachler can direct a scream
or two your way. Once we scream up a profitable USCF.. we can, as Kevin Bachler
has advised me, take up the Mensa model as a real deal project. Thanking you in
advance for solving the hard part. (RSHaas)