Old August 7th 03, 12:40 AM
Peter van der Hoog

Default Bobby Fischer robbed of 31 empty moving boxes

http://home.att.ne.jp/moon/fischer/list/p_37/37_0.htm

The thief of the empty boxes, Mr. Janos Rigo, is according to Bobby Fischer,
also a con-artist:

... At this stage Mr. Rigo's car magically reappeared (with my luggage and
the clock and shuffler intact) .. Why did it take him to weeks to find out
or figure out that his car was not stolen but only towed away by the city? I
don't buy it.

Later on with satanic cunning Mr, Rigo would try to turn the situation
around in his favor. He would repeat: "You see Bobby I don't steal your
clock and shuffler, right? You accuse me to everybody that I is steal your
clock and shuffler. This car is only in the parking lot in Wien, ha, ha.
Nobody steal your clock and shuffler, right? Because you is so suspicious
everybody you is lose your every friend. Nobody try to help you like me, is
right?

Old August 8th 03, 01:06 AM
Robert Musicant

"Peter van der Hoog" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Peter,
Could you describe where on Fischer's website the link to this is located?
(Yes, I am able to read the letter by following the link you provided, but I
just like to keep up with new additions to the Fischer site).
Bob

Old August 8th 03, 09:13 AM
Peter van der Hoog

Don't you think the story is a perfect example of Fischer's way of
paranoid thinking? Read between the lines and you can easily
reconstruct what really happened. Fischer does leave out important
information: Why did the Vienna police report only two weeks later
that the car was towed away? Janos must have told Fischer a reason
which Fischer does not share with us. I gues because this information
harms his way of presenting the facts.

You can find the link at about 1/3 of Fischer's homepage. Right under:
"Still no reply from the Budapest police dept."
Old August 8th 03, 02:36 PM
Liam Too

"Robert Musicant" wrote in message et...
Could you describe where on Fischer's website the link to this is located?
(Yes, I am able to read the letter by following the link you provided, but I
just like to keep up with new additions to the Fischer site).
Bob

Bob,

It's under the following heading, close to the middle, and before the
interviews:

"Still no reply from the Budapest police dept."

Click here for Bobby's 12 page letter to the chief of police of the
Budapest police dept. dated January 16, 2003:

http://home.att.ne.jp/moon/fischer/list/p_37/37_0.htm

Click here for Bobby's 2 page letter to the chief of police of the
Budapest police dept. dated March 30, 2003:

http://home.att.ne.jp/moon/fischer/list/p_38/38_0.htm

Lance Smith
Old August 8th 03, 02:46 PM
Robert Musicant

"Liam Too" wrote in message
om...
"Robert Musicant" wrote in message

et...
Bob,

It's under the following heading, close to the middle, and before the
interviews:

"Still no reply from the Budapest police dept."

Thank you, Lance.

Old August 8th 03, 02:49 PM
Robert Musicant

"Peter van der Hoog" wrote in message
om...
Don't you think the story is a perfect example of Fischer's way of
paranoid thinking?

snip

Peter,
Yes, it is such an example, and that is what I find so sad about it: That
such a great mind should now have become preoccupied with empty cardboard
boxes being kept as proof that an east coast storage company has joined the
conspiracy against him.

Anyway, thank you for the information.

Bob

Old August 8th 03, 04:48 PM
Fifiela

Very Sad....
Old August 8th 03, 05:56 PM
Peter van der Hoog

"Robert Musicant" wrote in message

boxes being kept as proof that an east coast storage company has joined

the conspiracy against him.

Bob,

That's an interesting observation and might well be true but how do you
know? Why don't you believe Fischer's own reasoning? He thinks that any
scratch of paper he touches is worth a fortune. Is it only clever thinking
from your side (site?) or do you have more information available then the
avarage Fischer aficionado?

Best regards,

Peter