Old August 7th 03, 07:45 PM
Edward Bonaventure

Default Rating Fees and TLA Fees (was: B&E ...)

On 03 Aug 2003 at 11:21:23 GMT, Ernest W. Schlich scribbled:
-The steps to process the events a ...
[snip, snip]
-... Giving a very generous 10 minutes difference, and $60 an hour
-pay scale, this is a $10.00 difference.

There are so many one-liners to choose from here, this is Comedy
City! $60 an hour! Woooooooo!! $60 an hour! They'll love those
$60 per hour clerk jobs in Crossville! Why, Broken Bow, Nebraska,
doesn't know what it's missing! Of course, the cost of living is
a little bit higher in the New Yawk City area than out on the
prairie so some downward adjustment can be expected.... But I'll
bet those Nebraskans out in Broken Bow would be happy to sacrifice
some time from their busy schedule of husking corn in order to do
the drudgery work of rating chess tournaments for a mere $25 or
$30 per hour. (When the economy turns up again they'll be heading
back to their regular $100 or $200 an hour jobs, but USCF can ad-
vertise for replacements.) Where do we sign up for the $60 per
hour jobs?!
david moeser -- erasmus39 on yahoo
Censornati, Ohio - USA

* If you can read this, you're too close! *

(Headers munged to foil spammers; real info in taglines)