Old August 12th 03, 07:01 PM
pb

Default playing chess with my dog...

is there some knowledge about courses for dogs...
my dog is playing terrible......

pb
www.borrasart.nl

Old August 12th 03, 07:26 PM
Mike Murray

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:01:27 GMT, "pb" wrote:

is there some knowledge about courses for dogs...
my dog is playing terrible......

Teach him the Colle system.
Old August 12th 03, 07:26 PM
Doom & Gloom Dave

Mike Murray wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:01:27 GMT, "pb" wrote:

is there some knowledge about courses for dogs...
my dog is playing terrible......

Teach him the Colle system.

Mine prefers the Fried Liver Attack.

Old August 12th 03, 07:38 PM
Bruce Draney

Mike Murray wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:01:27 GMT, "pb" wrote:

is there some knowledge about courses for dogs...
my dog is playing terrible......

Teach him the Colle system.

I think it was Petrov's dog who salivated everytime he played 2...Nf6.

Best Regards,

Bruce
Old August 12th 03, 08:21 PM
Miriling

Subject: playing chess with my dog...

Mike Murray wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:01:27 GMT, "pb" wrote:

is there some knowledge about courses for dogs...
my dog is playing terrible......

Bruce Draney replied:

Teach him the Colle system.

-snip-

The mutt should also be taught the Great Dane(ish) Gambit.

George Mirijanian

Old August 12th 03, 08:37 PM
RSHaas

Perhaps the Breyer system, too.
Old August 12th 03, 08:56 PM
JimEade

Whether white or black, at any stage of the game, Macy always plays PAWn moves.
On the plus side, if I toss a piece, she retrieves it.
James Eade
Remove the Sheesh to respond. Don't worry. Talk happy.
Old August 12th 03, 09:59 PM
Randy Bauer

Mike Murray wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:01:27 GMT, "pb" wrote:

is there some knowledge about courses for dogs...
my dog is playing terrible......

Teach him the Colle system.

I think it was Petrov's dog who salivated everytime he played 2...Nf6.

Best Regards,

Bruce

Our first family dog, Duffy, was very fond of chess. He liked the
Najdorf Sicilian as black. There's a pic of one of our sessions on my
chess homepage:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep.../aboutthe2.htm

Sadly, Duffy in his later years crushed me unmercifully in a game, so
I had him euthanized. Don't tell the kids - they thought it was
because of the tumor on his lung.

Randy Bauer
Old August 12th 03, 10:34 PM
Liam Too

A man went to visit a friend and was amazed to find him playing chess
with his dog. He watched the game in astonishment for a while. "I can
hardly believe my eyes!" he exclaimed. "That's the smartest dog I've
ever seen.""Nah, he's not so smart," the friend replied. "I've beaten
him three games out of five."