Old August 13th 03, 10:59 AM

Old August 13th 03, 11:17 AM

Old August 13th 03, 02:12 PM

Old August 13th 03, 06:50 PM

Default Matt's results at USAF Champs

"StanB" wrote in message
news

"Ѥ " wrote in message
news
Is that moron Nemmers still rated 1100?

Nahhhh, he broke 1200 last October.

StanB

Congrats Matt! After another decade or so of aggressive studying and
tournament play, I see no reason for you not bo break 1250!?!

Old August 13th 03, 06:57 PM
Randy Bauer

"StanB" wrote in message ...
"Ѥ " wrote in message
news
Is that moron Nemmers still rated 1100?

Nahhhh, he broke 1200 last October.

StanB

According to the USCF site, his unofficial rating, from August 5,
2003, is 1590. That's quite a ways above 1200.

Randy Bauer

Old August 13th 03, 08:15 PM

"Randy Bauer" wrote in message
om...
"StanB" wrote in message

"Ѥ " wrote in message
news
Is that moron Nemmers still rated 1100?

Nahhhh, he broke 1200 last October.

StanB

According to the USCF site, his unofficial rating, from August 5,
2003, is 1590. STOP THE PRESS!!! WE HAVE A "C" CLASS PLAYER IN OUR

MIDST!!!!

Old August 14th 03, 02:15 AM
Randy Bauer

"StanB" wrote in message ...
"Randy Bauer" wrote in message
om...

Is that moron Nemmers still rated 1100?

Nahhhh, he broke 1200 last October.

StanB

According to the USCF site, his unofficial rating, from August 5,
2003, is 1590. That's quite a ways above 1200.

And how does that change anything I wrote? I'm sure Matt will one day soon
pass my career high 1776. Doesn't mean we can't have fun with the old squid.

StanB

It doesn't change anything you wrote, but it certainly updates it in a
way that adds better context to his CURRENT chess performance.

Facts are facts. Use or misuse them as you wish.

Randy Bauer
Old August 14th 03, 02:26 AM
Randy Bauer

"StanB" wrote in message

"Ѥ " wrote in message
news
Is that moron Nemmers still rated 1100?

Nahhhh, he broke 1200 last October.

StanB

According to the USCF site, his unofficial rating, from August 5,
2003, is 1590.

STOP THE PRESS!!! WE HAVE A "C" CLASS PLAYER IN OUR
MIDST!!!!

Jason,

In another thread, you take great offense to a poster representing
that you lost a game that you won. You're right, that should not be
done.

Likewise, you are characterizing Matt Nemmers as a 1100 player, when
in fact he is rated nearly 500 points higher. That also should not be
done. You can't have it both ways.

Besides, what's the big deal with belittling others' rating or chess
ability? Unless you're one of the super-GMs, there are lots of
players at any level that can look down at those rated a class or two
lower. After all, with a rating under 2000, you're not exactly a
chess rocket scientist either. On the full disclosure front, neither
am I.

Stick to threads that have some interesting chess content. These
unprovoked personal attacks serve no useful purpose.

Randy Bauer
Old August 14th 03, 05:12 AM
Matt Nemmers

"sandirhodes" wrote in message
news

Well??????
--

Hey "Sandi!"

It was an absolutely phenomenal experience....I got my ass handed to me, but
as the lowest-rated player there, I could hardly expect to pull off any
miracles. There were only four players (including myself) below Class 'A',
and of the remaining 20, ten were experts. I did, however, manage to score
two points in the nine round event -- four draws. I told myself that if I
even scored one point I'd consider it a successful tournament and I managed
to double that, so I'm taking this as an excellent learning experience.
(Can't really take it as anything else though, huh?) Didn't even finish
last.....a Marine Corps Staff Sergeant took that honor. (I keep telling
people when they ask how I did, "I came in second..........to last.")

The Air Force once again took home braggin' rights, scoring 35.5 points.
They were followed semi-closely by the Navy which scored 29, the Army which
scored 23, and Uncle Sam's Misguided Children took up the rear, scoring
20.5. Hoo-rah, Devil Dogs.

The team that will be representing the United States at the NATO Chess
Championships next month will be comprised of six people, four from the Air
Farce and two from the Navy. They a

PN1(SW) Narciso Victoria, USN;
HM1 Froilan Magpantay, USN;
TSgt Leroy Hill, Jr., USAF;
Maj Douglas Taffinder, USAF;
Col (Dr.) Sam Echaure, USAF; and
TSgt Dan Ranario, USAF;

Alternates: CAPT (Dr.) John Perciballi, USN; SSgt Nathaniel Ola, USAF

I hope they really kick some ass over there in Denmark. Last year the U.S.
gave their best performance in the tournaments 43 year history, coming in
second behind Germany. The Fatherland is looking to be our toughest
competition this year as well.

All in all, it was a very professionally run event. Every day they had
fresh fruit cut up for us, Krispy Kreme doughnuts available, fresh coffee
brewing, soda, and a roped-off skittles area for us to use -- all free of
charge. They even had the expensive wooden Drueke sets and boards set up at
each table, with a mini-flag of your branch of service next to your color on
your board. Pairings were posted promptly, the room was quiet, the lighting
was perfect, and everything you could possibly want during your game (save a
laptop with Fritz running) was available for use. A top-notch event. Many
props to the MWR Reps at Camp Lejeune for making this such a memorable
event. It truly was a class-act -- everyone, regardless of rating, was
treated like a Grandmaster.

I made some great friends over there and learned quite a bit (like how to
lose a won position, up the exchange in an endgame, against a 1966-player by
munching insignificant pawns). I really hope to improve my game this year
and make next year's Navy team again. Hopefully I'll get good enough to
make the NATO Team before I retire. (But I'm not holding my breath.)

I'll post some pics from the tournament on our website shortly and post a
link here in case anyone's interested. Take care!

Best Regards,

Matt

Old August 14th 03, 05:24 AM
Matt Nemmers

"StanB" wrote in message
news

"Ѥ " wrote in message
news
Is that moron Nemmers still rated 1100?

Nahhhh, he broke 1200 last October.

StanB

Thanks for covering my six, Stan. Knew I could count on you.

Who the hell is Ѥ , anyway? Prince's cousin -- The
Poster-Formerly-Known-As-Jason (or Mr. Rook, or Rev Dr Calvin Qusz, or etc,
etc, etc)? Gotta love those anonymice. Brave souls, them guys.

Regards,

Matt