Old August 14th 03, 05:30 AM
Tim Hanke

Default Booz appointed to key USCF committee posts

I have appointed Stan Booz as Chair of both the Finance Committee and the
Audit Committee.

Stan will pick his own committee members.

I have confidence Stan will provide the toughness, common sense, and
financial savvy we need in the USCF during these hard times.

Tim Hanke
USCF Vice President of Finance

Old August 14th 03, 05:38 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Tim Hanke" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I have appointed Stan Booz as Chair of both the Finance Committee and the
Audit Committee.

Stan will pick his own committee members.

I have confidence Stan will provide the toughness, common sense, and
financial savvy we need in the USCF during these hard times.

Tim Hanke
USCF Vice President of Finance

Good choice, Tim.

Regards,

Matt

Old August 14th 03, 01:48 PM
Spam Scone

"Tim Hanke" wrote in message news:[email protected]
I have appointed Stan Booz as Chair of both the Finance Committee and the
Audit Committee.

Stan will pick his own committee members.

I have confidence Stan will provide the toughness, common sense, and
financial savvy we need in the USCF during these hard times.

Tim Hanke
USCF Vice President of Finance

Somewhere, RGCP's Unlicensed Accountant is crying. :-)

Congratulations Stan. And good luck.

Neil Brennen
Old August 14th 03, 10:55 PM
StanB

"Spam Scone" wrote in message
om...

Somewhere, RGCP's Unlicensed Accountant is crying. :-)

Congratulations Stan. And good luck.

Further complicated in that these unlicensed accountants don't even
understand the answer. Ken Sloan summed it up best when he said that they
are asking CPA level questions with a bookkeeper's understanding of
accounting.

StanB

Old August 14th 03, 11:19 PM
Kevin L. Bachler

In article , StanB says...

"Spam Scone" wrote in message
. com...

Somewhere, RGCP's Unlicensed Accountant is crying. :-)

Congratulations Stan. And good luck.

Further complicated in that these unlicensed accountants don't even
understand the answer. Ken Sloan summed it up best when he said that they
are asking CPA level questions with a bookkeeper's understanding of
accounting.

StanB

Careful with the shots, Stan, especially with untrue claims like the above. In
this particular case it was fairly clear that at least some of the unlicensed
accountants understood the question and the answer at least as well as some of
the licensed accountants. Why, I know of a license accountant that thinks that
the methodology used in FAS 87, FAS 106 and a few other places violates the
matching principle, in spite of what the most knowledgable accountants have to
say about it.

Kevin L. Bachler

Old August 15th 03, 01:38 AM
StanB

"Kevin L. Bachler" wrote in message

Careful with the shots, Stan, especially with untrue claims like the

above. In
this particular case it was fairly clear that at least some of the

unlicensed
accountants understood the question and the answer at least as well as

some of
the licensed accountants. Why, I know of a license accountant that thinks

that
the methodology used in FAS 87, FAS 106 and a few other places violates

the
matching principle, in spite of what the most knowledgable accountants

have to
say about it.

Yes and I know of one who was amused by the misinterpretation of those FASBs
by a certain quack.

StanB

Old August 15th 03, 02:03 AM
Kevin L. Bachler

In article , StanB says...

Yes and I know of one who was amused by the misinterpretation of those FASBs
by a certain quack.

StanB

Given a "clear statement" by a certain licensed accountant and a clear and
contradictory statement by FASB, I know which one I'd listen to. I also know
that I'd be very willing to rely on successful past experiences with internal
and external accountants and auditors in judging the ability of people that you
refer to as a "quack."

Kevin L. Bachler

Old August 18th 03, 01:49 AM
Tony D.

Subject: Booz appointed to key USCF committee posts

ele.dk!news.tele.dk!small.news.tele.dk!newsfeed.ic l.net!newsfeed.fjserv.ne
t!newsfeed.frii.net!newsfeed.frii.net!news-out.newsfeeds.com!propagator2-m
axim!news-in-maxim.spamkill
er.net!news.he.net!cyclone-sf.pbi.net!129.250.175.17!pln-w!spln!dex!extra

..newsguy.com!newsp.newsguy.com!drn
From: Kevin L. Bachler
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Date: 14 Aug 2003 18:03:03 -0700

In article , StanB says...

Yes and I know of one who was amused by the misinterpretation of those FASBs
by a certain quack.

StanB

Given a "clear statement" by a certain licensed accountant and a clear and
contradictory statement by FASB, I know which one I'd listen to. I also know
that I'd be very willing to rely on successful past experiences with internal
and external accountants and auditors in judging the ability of people that
you
refer to as a "quack."

Kevin L. Bachler

Accountants are just people who never had enough personality to be undertakers.

Tony D.