Old August 14th 03, 06:47 AM
RSHaas

Default The Ten Buck Town

Hey, after Chess HQ gets settled into Crossville maybe it can reduce costs
enough to clear $10 from the adult dues. Then we could go Mensa style and have
the world's best chess federation. (RSHaas)
Old August 14th 03, 02:29 PM
Kevin Croxen

In article , RSHaas wrote:
Hey, after Chess HQ gets settled into Crossville maybe it can reduce costs
enough to clear $10 from the adult dues. Then we could go Mensa style and have
the world's best chess federation. (RSHaas)

Or, if that didn't cut it, one could try auctioning the entire federation
on ebay.

Or sell naming rights: The "U.S. Cellular Chess Federation" perhaps. It
worked for the White Sox.

Old August 14th 03, 03:06 PM
RSHaas

"Adult Mensa dues are also $49, also with a National monthly "maggie".
They do kick money back to the local metro districts (i.e. Tampa Bay,
ManaSota, etc...), but much of that goes to local monthly "maggies." ....
(KidDon)
=============
Of course, in my ideal Mensa styled chess fed... the $10 per member that
would go to the Metro Districts could not be used for "metro chess
newsletters," because that would blow all the money that otherwise would be
used to front tournaments and other forms of chess promotion.
I borrow from Mensa only what I need for the chess fed application.
(RSHaas)
Old August 15th 03, 03:01 PM
Kevin Croxen

In article , StanB wrote:

"Kevin Croxen" wrote in message
u...

Or sell naming rights: The "U.S. Cellular Chess Federation" perhaps. It
worked for the White Sox.

I like this idea. Any leads on a sponsor? Enron?

StanB

No, no, no. You need a more image-conscious, moral-high-ground sponsor.
Like "Martha Stewart Living", say.

Or maybe that famous chess book publisher, Microsoft. "The MSCF" does
seem to roll naturally off the tongue. Perhaps the latter company would
also help the MSCF modernize its fleet of 8088s to new spiffy 286 Windows
3.0 machines. And their next OS beta could be nicknamed "Crossville".