Old August 15th 03, 08:40 PM
David

Default US Open: Kaidanov get 1/2 pt bye in rd 12

George Mirijanian mentioned this possibility back on the 7th, but pairings
are posted now, giving Kaidanov a 1/2 pt. bye in rd. 12. A draw on board 1
will give him a guaranteed portion of 1st place.

On the plus side, Minasian-Shabalov has the possiblity of giving a clear
first if it is decisive.

David

Old August 15th 03, 10:55 PM
drahmiel

Subject: US Open: Kaidanov get 1/2 pt bye in rd 12

On the plus side, Minasian-Shabalov has the possiblity of giving a clear
first if it is decisive.

David

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The only drama remaing left is whether Shabalov will dare Hanken et al to fine
or forfeit the US Champion (at worst we're looking at a 100 buck prize
deduction), or whether he'll actually deign to sit at the board for an hour.
Old August 16th 03, 01:46 AM
John Fernandez

So- violating things in TLAs, making up rules, posting rules and not following
them. Great US Open.

John Fernandez
Old August 16th 03, 11:38 AM
drahmiel

All that having been said, I must offer humble apologies. All the top boards
battled long and hard in the final round, with Shabalov winning outright. I
stand corrected.

Old August 16th 03, 05:18 PM
StanB

"Kenneth Sloan" wrote in message

Most of the space formerly devoted to the tournament was occupied by the
Automatic Transmission Rebuilder's reception.

There's a bunch of role models for you.

StanB

Old August 16th 03, 09:42 PM
John Fernandez

All that having been said, I must offer humble apologies. All the top boards
battled long and hard in the final round, with Shabalov winning outright. I
stand corrected.

Shabba always plays.

John Fernandez
Old August 16th 03, 10:18 PM
drahmiel

(John Fernandez)

Shabba always plays.

John Fernandez

Yeah but even Wojtekwicz played. I omitted the room thing but yeah, it was
impossible to watch the top games without risking Mosh Pit type injuries, which
is too bad, since all the top boards had tough fights going, no GM draws that I
could see.
Old August 18th 03, 07:45 AM
Fifiela

So- violating things in TLAs, making up rules, posting rules and not
following
them. Great US Open.

John, you're pretty useless throwning stones at a couple of hard working guys
who put togethor the Open.

An awful lot of chessplayers are 100% *ssholes.

Best, Allan