Old August 16th 03, 04:38 PM
Bruce Draney

Default What Did McCrary Say in the Latest Chess Life?

A poster recently alluded to what is most likely the USCF President's
Letter in the most recent issue of Chess Life being, worth a laugh or
two. I wondered if someone could summarize what the letter basically
said?

I no longer receive any copies of Chess Life, as my son is a college
student now and he did not renew his membership for $49.00 after it
expired in the Spring.

In my final act of graciousness, I bequeath any and all of my Chess Life
copies to Al Lawrence's lobster in Largo, Florida.

I could probably go to the local Borders and read McCrary's letter, and
I might, but thought I would ask someone who has read it to summarize
it.

Best Regards,

Bruce
Old August 17th 03, 12:28 AM
Joechess145

Subject: What Did McCrary Say in the Latest Chess Life?
From: Bruce Draney
Date: 8/16/2003 11:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time
A poster recently alluded to what is most likely the USCF President's
Letter in the most recent issue of Chess Life being, worth a laugh or
two. I wondered if someone could summarize what the letter basically
said?

I no longer receive any copies of Chess Life, as my son is a college
student now and he did not renew his membership for $49.00 after it
expired in the Spring.

In my final act of graciousness, I bequeath any and all of my Chess Life
copies to Al Lawrence's lobster in Largo, Florida.

I could probably go to the local Borders and read McCrary's letter, and
I might, but thought I would ask someone who has read it to summarize
it.

Best Regards,

Bruce

CL arrived in East Longmeadow today. The Prez says how bad things were when the
Board took over. People, vendors and the printer were not being paid. He says
how much progress has been made. He says that as long as players support the
dues increase and accept that the dues needed to go up, that the USCF will go
on.

In an amusing note he mentions how members need to recruit new members and
that as of right now [I guess at the time he wrote the piece] one could be the
runnerup in the standings for the $3,000 cash prize for most new members
recruited by signing up all of a half dozen members.

In short, even HE seems to realize that the dues hike is not playing in
Peoria--or Nebraska.

Joe
Old August 17th 03, 12:46 AM
Kevin D. Nyberg

Bruce Draney wrote in message ...
A poster recently alluded to what is most likely the USCF President's
Letter in the most recent issue of Chess Life being, worth a laugh or
two. I wondered if someone could summarize what the letter basically
said?

It was all pre-DM feel-good stuff and pre-audit financial smoke.

It WAS worth a laugh--or two.

Ho, ho.

There.

kdn