Old August 16th 03, 05:16 PM
StanB

Default Lawsuit & Board Meeting

"Parrthenon" wrote in message

I appeal to all, please give our new Madame President the support she

needs.
What she does not need is to be besieged with criticized. So far she is
consulting with the entire Board and staff leaders virtually constantly.

We are
in good hands with her at the helm!

As we (and I) thought when Frank took the wheel. Let us wait before we throw
palm fronds at her feet. As to criticism, bring it on. My employees do it
all the time. Sometimes I even listen to it. I'd be surprised if the Beat
from the village let the obvious cheap shots bother her. For past many years
there has been too many fragile egos running the show. If she turns out to
be just another, let's find out now. YO Beat, how come you haven't turned
things around yet?

StanB

Old August 16th 03, 08:38 PM
Eric Mark

(Parrthenon) wrote in message ...
From
http://www.chessdon.com

Los Angeles 2003 USCF Delegates Meeting - August 16, 2003

This was one of the most eventful USCF annual meetings I ever attended.

The Lawsuit: Another quick surprise came when I was handed a thick document, it
was a lawsuit by Richard Peterson against the USCF, John McCrary, Bob Smith,
Tom Brownscombe, Diane Reese, Beatriz Marinello, Frank Camaratta, Frank Brady,
Steve Shutt, Joe Wagner, Arnold Denker and me. The suit includes 9 complaints
and is clearly a distraction to us all.

What are the grounds for this suit? What damages or remedy does Mr.
Peterson seek? And did he actually show up at the meeting as a
Delegate with this suit in hand?

I'd like to say it's mind-boggling; unfortunately that's not the
case....
Old August 16th 03, 11:06 PM
James B. Shearer

"StanB" wrote in message ...

snip

As we (and I) thought when Frank took the wheel. Let us wait before we throw
palm fronds at her feet. As to criticism, bring it on. My employees do it
all the time. Sometimes I even listen to it. I'd be surprised if the Beat
from the village let the obvious cheap shots bother her. For past many years
there has been too many fragile egos running the show. If she turns out to
be just another, let's find out now. YO Beat, how come you haven't turned
things around yet?

How much money did the USCF lose last year speculating in the
stock market on margin? Has the USCF sold out of stocks yet? If not,
why not?
James B. Shearer
Old August 16th 03, 11:21 PM
RSHaas

"How much money did the USCF lose last year speculating in the stock market on
margin? Has the USCF sold out of stocks yet? If not, why not? (James B.
Shearer)
=============
Does the USCF have a margin account? (RSHaas)
Old August 16th 03, 11:56 PM
StanB

"James B. Shearer" wrote in message
m...

How much money did the USCF lose last year speculating in the
stock market on margin? Has the USCF sold out of stocks yet? If not,
why not?

As of 5/31 they were down 40+ grand. On paper. The post 5/31 recovery got
some of that back. They own nothing on margin. There is no motivation to get
out in so far as we are in a up market. Any other rhetorical questions?

StanB

Old August 17th 03, 12:00 AM
StanB

"RSHaas" wrote in message

"How much money did the USCF lose last year speculating in the stock

market on
margin? Has the USCF sold out of stocks yet? If not, why not? (James B.
Shearer)
=============
Does the USCF have a margin account? (RSHaas)

No. Jimbo is making some sort of rhetorical statement.

StanB

Old August 17th 03, 05:56 AM
Wickdeer3

James B. Shearer wrote:

"How much money did the USCF lose last year speculating in the stock

market on
margin? Has the USCF sold out of stocks yet? If not, why not? (James

B.
Shearer)
=============
Does the USCF have a margin account? (RSHaas)

No. Jimbo is making some sort of rhetorical statement.

StanB

The USCF has borrowed against its stocks which comes to more or
less the same thing (perhaps they are less subject to margin calls).

Uh. No. Not even close.

Wick Deer
Old August 17th 03, 06:30 AM
John Fernandez

Just a thought- isn't it a bad situation to have someone who has repeatedly
filed litigation against an organization also be serving on its Board of
Directors? If so, why is Richard Peterson still a Delegate?

John Fernandez
Old August 17th 03, 08:23 AM
Duncan Oxley

A better question would be for what reason would he want
to be a representative of an organization he feels the need to sue?

Duncan

Old August 17th 03, 02:18 PM
StanB

"RSHaas" wrote in message

"The USCF has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars it could ill afford in

the
market in recent years and it is clear it will need the remainder of the

LMA
fund within a year or two. (James B. Shearer)
Who calls the shots on Chess HQ's LMA stock portfolio? (RSHaas)

The Board. It is being managed by Jim Oberwies and trades are approved by
Fred Townsend.

StanB