Old August 16th 03, 07:25 PM
Ivan

Default Kasparov's Great Predecssors book

I bought this book and like it a lot.
The only thing that I don't like is that that there are no
photos/pictures of the players.
I think having photos would really add to the quality of the book. It
would be nice to see what Stenitz, Lasker, Capablanca, and Alekhine
looked like as well as their closest rivals such as Nimzovitch and
Pillsbury.
The book is great historical, reference, and for studying chess but I
think having photos would make it better. Maybe next year, they can
release a new editions with photographs and also remember to include
photos in the future volumes.
Old August 19th 03, 02:37 AM
Miriling

Subject: Kasparov's Great Predecssors book

(Ivan) wrote in message
.com...
I bought this book and like it a lot.
The only thing that I don't like is that that there are no
photos/pictures of the players.
I think having photos would really add to the quality of the book. It
would be nice to see what Stenitz, Lasker, Capablanca, and Alekhine
looked like as well as their closest rivals such as Nimzovitch and
Pillsbury.
The book is great historical, reference, and for studying chess but I
think having photos would make it better. Maybe next year, they can
release a new editions with photographs and also remember to include
photos in the future volumes.

Pierre B. rfeplied:
The original russian edition has a lot of photos ,48 pages .I wonder
why they did not included them in the more costly english edition.

According to information on the original Russian edition, "Moyi velikiye

predshestvenniki," the 508-page book contains 32 pages of photos, not 48.

George Mirijanian