Old August 18th 03, 10:04 PM
Doctor SBD

Default USCF rating floors...

$1000, but no 2200 floors.
Old August 19th 03, 01:16 AM
Doctor SBD

Thank you, but you couldn't help the guy out assuming I did give incorrect
information? It was more important to take a shot at me than help the guy out?

SBD
Old August 19th 03, 01:25 AM
GrantPerks

(Doctor SBD) writes:

$1000, but no 2200 floors.

You need to purchase a copy of the new rule book.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences (205) 934-2213

Or borrow one.

Apparently with the new rulebook, we will have new rules for large prize
winners.
From page 262,
A person's rating floor can also change if he or she wins a large cash
prize......Under-2200 or below is $1,000. Under-2300, $1,500. Under-2400
$2,000.

The rule goes on to say,
that players in the Under 2300 $1,500 or under 2400 of at least $2,000 may be
assigned a rating floor of 2300 or 2400 (respectively).

I assume the "may" is not the same may from the 3rd edition where may was
defined as should in all cases.

Okay, I get it that the players rating can and may change, but will it change?

Grant Perks

Old August 19th 03, 01:58 AM
Doctor SBD

Thanks Grant. Always good to receive a hand up than a shot in the ass.

I guess there is no way those rules can be retroactive? For those of us who
were screwed out of it before because of the silly decision made earlier?

Thanks again Grant.

SBD

Old August 19th 03, 02:08 AM
GrantPerks

I guess there is no way those rules can be retroactive? For those of us who
were screwed out of it before because of the silly decision made earlier?

They would have to be retroactive and cummulative for me in the under 2200
class
..
2000 for that matter.

Grant
Old August 19th 03, 02:12 AM
Doctor SBD

Yes, but I was talking about poor ole me, Grant.

Thanks.......
Old August 19th 03, 06:53 AM
Kenneth Sloan

"George John" writes:

"GrantPerks" wrote in message

-snip-

Okay, I get it that the players rating can and may change, but will it

change?

Any idea when these rules go into effect?

I'm STILL can't find the 5th Edition in the USCF online store! :-(

George

The 5th Edition rules become the default assumptions as of 1 January
2004. They may be used immediately, with a notice posted at the event.

You can get the 5th Edition (roughly mid-September) by ordering the 4th
Edition. Or, you can wait for the October catalog and pay the new
(higher) price.

You need to chat with the Texas Delegates who actually attended the
meeting in LA, George. They can fill you in on all the latest
developments.