Old August 19th 03, 12:17 AM
Paul Truong

Default Professionalism in chess

Dear Mr. John Dough:

I am not sure who you are and what is your mission. Maybe you do not
want USCF to succeed? I have no answer for that. However, I can
assure you that I have no idea who Mr. Bob Bennett is. There are many
people who support what I do. Some may not because they do not like
changes. One thing for sure, I do not condone anyone using foul
language under any circumstance. People who know me know that I have
never used a cuss word or a four-letter bad word in my life. This is
a fact. I always conduct myself professionally and I am respectful to
everyone, whether I agree with their views or not.

My missions are to help US Chess, promote Youth/Scholastic Chess and
Women's Chess. This is not a job for me. It is my love and passion.
I am not one who is shy about expressing my opinion. If I have
something to say, I will be sure to say it. But I do it in a
respectful manner and I will never gossip behind anyone's back.

I have never asked for any position or any compensation from anyone.
I do things because chess needs it. If you are sincere about seeing
chess (especially US Chess) get better then please help the new EB and
me. We need all the help we can get. I myself do not have time to
waste with frivolous items and innuendoes. I work 20-22 hour daily to
help US Chess at no charge. I rather use the other 2-4 hours to sleep
and take care of my personal things. Therefore, this will be my one
and only response to your posting.

We all have a lot of work to do to energize USCF toward a greater
future. I am very confident that chess will reach the pinnacle of
success in the near future. Maybe I am a dreamer but I like to be
positive always. Please stop this nonsense and move on. I ask the
same of Mr. Bob Bennett. Let's all be nice to each other and let's
make this work. Thank you both for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Paul
Old August 19th 03, 05:11 AM
RSHaas

"If you are sincere about seeing
chess (especially US Chess) get better then please help the new EB and
me. We need all the help we can get."
(Paul Truong)
There is a possibility something unusual and unexpected may happen. (RSHaas)