Old August 19th 03, 06:55 PM
Liam Too

Default SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER (2)

"tomic" wrote in message ...
It seems that you'll find out the last.
Sponsors are ready. Organizers are ready. Millions euros are ready. It's
only waiting for Fischer acceptance! By the way your comment about Fischer's
Random is really strange. Have you heard about Chess960 Matches in Mainz?
Leko, Adams, Swidler are not so anonymous chess players...Your comments are
pretty behind the times.

Goran Tomic

Mr. Tomic,

If the organizers are ready, then Bobby Fischer is ready also. All
they have
to do is contact him.

In his latest interview, he made it known that he's ready to play a
FischeRandom Chess match.

Lance Smith
Old August 19th 03, 08:36 PM
tomic

"Liam Too" wrote in message
om...

If the organizers are ready, then Bobby Fischer is ready also. All
they have
to do is contact him.

In his latest interview, he made it known that he's ready to play a
FischeRandom Chess match.

Lance Smith

There are many things to coordinate:
1. The name and the titles of the match participants?
2. Would that be an official WCC match under the FIDE patronage?
3. Would they play Fischer random or classic match (it seems that it could
be attained agreement)?
4. Would they play distance chess or match in Sveti Stefan (in Montenegro)
or in some other place?
5. The number of the games?
6. Media's coverage?
7. ...etc. etc

It's very complicated but awfully interesting attempt. I think that whole
planet would follow the match, with same interest his friends and his
enemies.

Organizers, sponsors and money is ready-everybody is waiting only for his
acceptance. Everything depends only on Fischer decision. But he knows the
best would he play or not.

Goran Tomic

Old August 20th 03, 04:24 AM
The Masked Bishop

Tomic, you forgot a few things in your list:

8. Will there be any Jewish people present?
9. If so, will Fischer be allowed to claim they are conspiring against him?
10. Is the audience allowed to protest the many vulgar and appalling things
Fischer has recently said in support of world terrorism?
11. Can we all just forget about Bobby Fischer, World Asshole, and move on
to newer and more deserving talents?
12. Or are we all so craven and pathetic that we will forgive this idiot
everything he has done to ruin his good name and that of the chess he is
associated with, just to star-**** his chess celebrity one more time?

TMB

Old August 20th 03, 04:56 PM
Liam Too

"The Masked Bishop" wrote in message y.com...
Tomic, you forgot a few things in your list:

8. Will there be any Jewish people present?
9. If so, will Fischer be allowed to claim they are conspiring against him?
10. Is the audience allowed to protest the many vulgar and appalling things
Fischer has recently said in support of world terrorism?
11. Can we all just forget about Bobby Fischer, World Asshole, and move on
to newer and more deserving talents?
12. Or are we all so craven and pathetic that we will forgive this idiot
everything he has done to ruin his good name and that of the chess he is
associated with, just to star-**** his chess celebrity one more time?

TMB

The Masked Bishop has all the right to express his opinions.

A very sophisticated poster indeed. He has a very fast Yahoo DSL under
Southwestern Bell. He posts in newsgroups through Prodigy.Net.

Shall we unmask him or will he come forward himself?

Lance Smith
Old August 20th 03, 06:19 PM
The Masked Bishop

Only after you unmask yourself, "Lance Smith." Oh, that's your real name, is
it? Prove it.

You can't. Not online, anyway, unless you care to give us a major credit
card and your social security number. So asking for real identities in
cyberspace is pretty darn MOOT.

Don't you agree, "Lance Smith?"

"The Masked Bishop," who unlike a lot of posters, is honest about using an
alias.

Old August 20th 03, 09:35 PM
John Swartz

Yeah, FischerRandom chess is just sweeping the globe in it's
popularity. The fact that Leko, Adams, and Swidler are playing it has
just got all of us giving up the old chess like Bobby, don't they?

Old August 20th 03, 10:04 PM
Liam Too

"The Masked Bishop" wrote in message gy.com...
Only after you unmask yourself, "Lance Smith." Oh, that's your real name, is
it? Prove it.

You can't. Not online, anyway, unless you care to give us a major credit
card and your social security number. So asking for real identities in
cyberspace is pretty darn MOOT.

Don't you agree, "Lance Smith?"

"The Masked Bishop," who unlike a lot of posters, is honest about using an
alias.

Oh yes, I can indentify anybody in cyberspace!

Okay I'll give you a break though, I will agree. The Masked Bishop is
honest, one of the most honest gentleman in the state of Illinois.

For now I'll say Northern Illinois. But you frequently go to Des
Plaines, right?

Lance Smith
Old August 20th 03, 11:47 PM
Looney

"Liam Too" wrote in message
om...
"The Masked Bishop" wrote in message

gy.com...
Only after you unmask yourself, "Lance Smith." Oh, that's your real

name, is
it? Prove it.

You can't. Not online, anyway, unless you care to give us a major credit
card and your social security number. So asking for real identities in
cyberspace is pretty darn MOOT.

Don't you agree, "Lance Smith?"

"The Masked Bishop," who unlike a lot of posters, is honest about using

an
alias.

Oh yes, I can indentify anybody in cyberspace!

Okay I'll give you a break though, I will agree. The Masked Bishop is
honest, one of the most honest gentleman in the state of Illinois.

For now I'll say Northern Illinois. But you frequently go to Des
Plaines, right?

Holy Crap... Abraham Lincoln is posting to rgcm...

--
Looney
Patzer is as patzer does

Old August 21st 03, 02:49 AM
The Masked Bishop

Des Plaines? Like Tattoo?

Nope, not even close. IP trace away, though...fun, isn't it?

Old August 21st 03, 04:37 AM
Liam Too

"Looney" wrote in message news:STS0b.1600

Holy Crap... Abraham Lincoln is posting to rgcm...

That thought came to mind, but really I thought it was Fischer hiding
in Chicago and driving to Des Plaines once in a while.bg