Old August 19th 03, 10:03 PM
Fifiela

Default Deb Sherry Return?

In general, I advise against trying to come back. It's never the same. Moved
On? Keep Going! (as Best for You.)
Old August 20th 03, 01:28 PM
StanB

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Now that there's a whole new regime running the USCF, is there any
possibility that Deb Sherry might come back?

Yes.

Can the new bosses rehire her?

Yes.

And even better, would she WANT to come back?

More better, why would we want her back?

StanB

Old August 21st 03, 03:26 AM
Debi Sherry

"StanB" wrote in message ...
"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Now that there's a whole new regime running the USCF, is there any
possibility that Deb Sherry might come back?

Yes.

Can the new bosses rehire her?

Yes.

And even better, would she WANT to come back?

More better, why would we want her back?

StanB

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! STAN YOU REALLY MAKE ME LAUGH!!! LMFAO!!!
Joke's on you pal...
Old August 21st 03, 06:25 PM
StanB

Not even close. Pure speculation based on the premise that those who
reviewed the operation didn't know what they were doing. Example: the mag
had about ten people working on it. Various knowledgeable people opinioned
that it should be doable with 4-7. Yet, the mag still came out late every
month.

StanB

"Bruce Draney" wrote in message
It sounds like coming back would probably be a dead end Debi, as the
staff is getting pared to the bone and those that remain will certainly
be overworked, even more so than they are presently.

The next thing that is going to happen with the release of 17/40 staff
members is that the organization will go into survival mode and will
only perform absolutely essential things. All other non-essential
activities will most likely be abandoned as there will not be the
personnel or financial resources to do them.

The first thing that will happen is that the phones will not be
answered, or if they are, only one person will do it, regardless of
whether they only talk to 20-30 people in a day or not.

The second thing that I foresee happening is no November, December or
January Chess Life magazine, for two reasons, one is that there is no
longer an editor or a Senior Art Director to produce it and the other is
to save money on printing and postage. This alone will cut the mailing
and printing costs for the year by about 25%.

The third thing that I believe is going to happen is that ratings will
be done once a month and that tournaments will be processed only as
quickly as the remaining staff is going to be able to process them.
Refunding TLA fees should be interesting if Chess Life is not being
produced, but that should be a drop in the bucket to the amount of money
saved.

If the LOC to the bank is paid down, the USCF can restock some items
for B&E, assuming it any longer has order takers and warehouse workers
to process those orders.

It is especially sad to see New Windsor employees paying the price for
years of stupidity and mismanagement, but everyone deep down knew that
USCF would eventually run out of money and chances.

USCF should make a recording that says something like this when people
call in:

"We understand that you want to know what your rating is, and whether
your TLA was received, and whether you're getting your membership card
or not, but we are such bad financial shape right now, that we do not
have adequate staff to answer the telephone or these questions."

"If you would like to see service improved, please be patient while we
deal with financial difficulties that have been caused by years of
questionable decision making on the part of our Board, our Executive
Director and our Delegates."

"If you would like to be a part of the solution rather than part of the
problem, please consider making a donation of $10.00 or more to the
USCF. Hopefully with your generosity and some outstanding leadership in
the future, we will again be able to answer the phone and tell you why
your rating only went to 985 instead of 1000."