Old December 27th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.,games.chess.misc

Default Setting Out Some Facts for Trolgar

From the Polgar Blog today:
*********************************

The biggest story of the year is the crazy net kooks who wish to harass
and destroy chess.

Let it be on the record that one man is responsible for destroying the
the US Cycling Federation is deiscovered (sic) to be attacking the US
Chess Federation's board members.

USCF Members should unite to form a class action lawsuit against this
man. An attack on a USCF Board Member is an attack on the USCF.

Members unite!

Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:52:00 PM CST

The United States Cycling Federation is and has always been alive and
well. Due to requirements insisted on by the sport's international
governing body, the Union Cyclist International (UCI) all the various
cycling governing bodies in the US (USCF, NORBA, etc) were required to
come under one organizational roof. That roof was set up as USA Cycling
into which the USCF, NORBA etc were merged as constituent organizations.

Once that was done, a wealthy investment banker, Tom Weisel came along
and decided to use his wealth to gain control over USACycling. He had
previously done something similar with US Skiing until he left for the
cycling pastures. To gain fully effective control, some of Tom's minions
put through an emergency bylaw change that many members of USACycling
considered an illegal violation of the procedures set out in the bylaws.
This resulted in an illegal election being held. Les Ernst, a
long-time USCF official with significant by law experience nationally
and internationally, became the lead plaintiff in an action in the
Colorado courts to set aside and call a new election. I, and others,
supported Les' action with money toward counsel fees and advice. I was
never a party to the action itself.

The case went to trial in Colorado state court and Les lost at the trial
level. The case was appealed all the way to the Colorado Supreme Court
which reversed the trial court and ordered a new election, finding that
Weisel and minions had indeed violated the by laws of the organization.
That new election was held and Weisel's slate won, in great measure
due to the apathy of the general USACycling membership, most of which
did not bother to vote.

If anyone wants to verify the health of USACycling and the USCF, simply
go to www.usacycling.org

Now, I understand that when a rumor was begun a week or so ago to the
effect that I was planning to run for the EB in the coming election
(which I am definitely not planning to do), the misinformation floated
today on Trolgar's web site began circulating in the mid-West.

Who then has attacked whom? Polgar has sued the USCF and all the
members (as members and individually) of the Executive Board except her
husband. She has sued several non-EB members who have been critical of
her and her husband's actions and deceptions. Her action in Lubbock is
nothing more than a bad faith (Mr. Killion and Ms. Estrella know what
that means as a matter of law) attempt to silence their critics who
stand in their way in their effort to either control the USCF or destroy
it and replace it with an organization of their creation. [yes Sue and
Paul, I can back that up with real facts; fact that you will no doubt
find inconvient].

As Sue is so fond of saying, all the facts will come out in due
course---and Trolgar isn't going to like them any more than the facts
about them that have come out thus far.

Best wishes,
Brian Lafferty