Old December 27th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Chessdon on the Coming USCF Election

On Dec 27, 2:55*pm, samsloan wrote:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?12529296

* This is the sort of idiocy we've come to expect
from Mr. Sloan. *In an apparent effort to substantiate
his claim that Dr. IMnes has not been a USCF
member since 1996, Mr. Sloan provides a link to
a crosstable... proving only that Dr. IMnes has not
played USCF-rated chess since then. * As we all
know, one can easily be a member of the USCF
without playing any rated games whatever.

Unless you were joking, that is a mistake.

The above link provides the names and expiration dates of all USCF
members regardless of whether they have played a rated game of chess
or not.

Thus, it shows that Phil Innes has not been a USCF member of any kind
since 1996.

Wrong. The link goes to a page which displays
the last five tournaments of Dr. IMnes, his last few
ratings, and his USCF ID number.

In order to see the membership expiration date
for Dr. IMnes, one would need to go to another
Web page, not the one in the above link. This is
because the page in this link is only intended to
convey information relating to Dr. IMnes'
impressive tournament results, from his
"tournament history".

FYI: I am in no way arguing that Dr. IMnes was
in fact a member later than the year 1996; all I'm
doing is pointing out how Mr. Sloan is incompe-
tent in such a simple matter as linking to the
correct Web page on which to find his member-
ship expiration date.

-- help bot
Old December 27th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Dec 27, 4:47*pm, help bot wrote:
[...]

'Impressive' to you, grasshopper, but personally I don't give a damn.
The truth is that pre-1990 USCF have no records that can be searched,
they having neglected them. I fully expect Dr Blur to respond
negatively to this message, and indeed substantiate my modest
greatness by virtue his special privileges.

* FYI: I am in no way arguing that Dr. IMnes was
in fact a member later than the year 1996; all I'm
doing is pointing out how Mr. Sloan is incompe-
tent in such a simple matter as linking to the
correct Web page on which to find his member-
ship expiration date.

Fair nuff. I just changed wallets, discarding crud I've carried
around since 1985, including 3 barely readable USCF membership cards,
which is proof of something or other.

Let true patzers decide what is true by suggesting it here. What can
be fairer than that?

Meanwhile I trash your game, as undetected by Fritz, friend, and this
is the arena of my current 'excellence', unvisited by the Sloan or any
critics.

Y'all just got to deal with the fact - or do as y'all do. ;(

Phil Innes

PS: I am certain soon to set up a board and analyse my own game v
Bornholz as you suggested it should be via Fritz. Local emergencies
and the local cat being inhibitions to concurrent analysis of your
brilliances.

* -- help bot

Old December 28th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Dec 27, 5:05*pm, wrote:

'Impressive' to you, grasshopper, but personally I don't give a damn.

[Rhett Butler, from Gone with the Wind?]

The *truth is that pre-1990 USCF have no records that can be searched,
they having neglected them. I fully expect Dr Blur to respond
negatively to this message, and indeed substantiate my modest
greatness by virtue his special privileges.

Hmm. I see no reason to imagine that before
the year 1990, Dr. IMnes was more or less
impressive in terms of USCF results; if anything,
the realm of correspondence chess is where the
great Dr. IMnes' strength lies.

Fair nuff. I just changed wallets, discarding crud I've carried
around *since 1985, including 3 barely readable USCF membership cards,
which is proof of something or other.

A lack of organization, I would say. What you
need, my boy, is good old-fashioned self-
discipline.

Let true patzers decide what is true by suggesting it here. What can
be fairer than that?

Somehow, the idea of Mr. Mitchell as judge
seems both arbitrary and unwise; his personal
bias ranks along-side that of Mr. Brennan and
Mr. Kingston.

Meanwhile I trash your game, as undetected by Fritz, friend, and this
is the arena of my current 'excellence', unvisited by the Sloan or any
critics.

You "trash" my game? Only one of them?
No great feat, that.

Meanwhile, noteables such as Mr. Winter are
discussing the efforts of a Mr. Thornton, asking
if we should credit him for the trick of castling
Queen-side, thus forking a Rook on b2 and the
enemy King on the d-file. What can I say? It
took no less than around six hundred errors to
reach a position in which this Thornton patzer
lucked into a fork, and thankfully, his opponent
spared us the further agony of watching the two
duffers push wood.

Speaking of duffers-- where is that old pal of
yours, Mr. Mitchell? Last I heard, he was
challenging anyone to show that he was only
an 800-rated player. Sad to say, I do not
have handy any of my games with the poor
chap, or I could easily satisfy even the most
die-hard invertigator of this fact. As I see it,
once Mr. Mitchell realized he was playing sub-
1000 level chess, he pared back on starting
new games, and his play improved markedly,
perhaps to the 1200 level or thereabouts. If I
had to nominate an appropriate opponent for
Sanny, it would have to be Mr. Mitchell. (And
if I had to appoint an appropriate opponent
for the great Sam Sloan, well, let's just say
that most folks around rgc are a bit scared
of him. I applaud that guy... whathisname...
for daring to face the Sloanster OTB, even if
he did get beaten like carrots.)

-- help bot

Old December 28th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Since you are either too lazy or too challenged to look up his
membership record, here it is:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12529296

As you can see, his last membership expired on December 31, 1996 and
his last rating was 2055.

Now you can see why I am willing to play him a chess match for $1000
cash money on the table.

I would not get arrested for gambling.

Old December 28th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

I think that we should have a rating system based entirely on what you
believe your rating "really" should be. The only question is whether
to rank people only on imagined rating, or on difference (imaginary-
actual) rating.

I think this newsgroup would have some top contenders under this new
system.

Jerry Spinrad

Old December 28th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

wrote:
[...]

Neither of you seem to have a clue. 1) If you click on the "General"
tab on the page Greg seems to find incomprehensible, it gives the
expiration date (12/31/1996, in Phil's case). 2) There are hard-copy
rating lists going back to the early 60s in existence (I won't say
"available," since I doubt anyone is going to lend you a copy).
They're just not on line. 3) If Phil is trying to imply that he had a
higher USCF rating prior to 1991, he's either lying of senile. He
started his first tournament in 1991 with an 11-game provisional
rating of 2139 (probably an import from FIDE or BCF). That was his all-
time high. Sorry, Phil, but inconvenient facts won't go away. Live
with it.
Old December 28th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Dec 27, 10:17*pm, wrote:
wrote:
[...]

In 1998, years before he disclosed to a Shakespeare newsgroup that he
was a "nearly an IM, with a rating of 2450", P Innes posted to this
very newsgroup that he was rated 2150 in 1990. See the thread titled
"Calling Helmet."
Old December 28th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Dec 27, 9:28*pm, samsloan wrote:

Since you are either too lazy or too challenged to look up his
membership record, here it is:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12529296

After failing on his first attempt, Mr. Sloan now
takes a mulligan... .

As you can see, his last membership expired on December 31, 1996 and
his last rating was 2055.

Now you can see why I am willing to play him a chess match for $1000
cash money on the table.

I would not get arrested for gambling.

In my opinion, the fact that 2450 Dr. IMnes has
consistently ducked challenges by Mr. Sloan,
suggesting remote play instead, fits like a glove
my long-standing assessment of PI's real playing
skills, or rather, lack thereof.

Most people in rgc are well aware that Mr.
Sloan is severely hampered by his very peculiar
psychological issues, which prod him to seek
attention in such ways as playing moves that
even he must know lose by force. Even so,
Dr. IMnes runs from every challenge, like a
frightened child-- what self-respecting nearly an
IM would embarass himself thus? No, it is
obvious that Dr. IMnes' fears arise from the
prospect of a good beating at the hands of his
better, right in front of the whole world of rgc... .

-- help bot
Old December 28th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Dec 27, 10:58*pm, The Historian
wrote:
On Dec 27, 10:17*pm, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Further data - in his "youth", as he claimed on rec.chess.computer
back in 2003, P Innes boasted of a 190 BCF grading. Since P Innes is
in his 50s, his 'youth' would have been the 1970s. 190 BCF translates
to 2200 Elo.
Old December 28th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Dec 27, 10:17*pm, wrote:

Neither of you seem to have a clue. 1) *If you click on the "General"
tab on the page Greg seems to find incomprehensible, it gives the
expiration date (12/31/1996, in Phil's case).

What a dimwit! This was exactly my point:
that Mr. Sloan had posted a link to the wrong
page-- the one which displays only the last
few rated events. Obviously, there are tabs at
top where one can /reach/ the page Mr. Sloan
ought to have linked directly to; what incredible
dafticity!

2) There are hard-copy
rating lists going back to the early 60s in existence (I won't say
"available," since I doubt anyone is going to lend you a copy).
They're just not on line.

I believe that was Dr. IMnes point, dimbulb;
that the USCF does not have online records
covering his alleged heyday-- the nearly an
IM results he imagines he turned in, long
ago.
The same concept applies to my /actual/
results: they aren't all displayed online. Can
you imagine the results for players even
older than we? Take, for instance, Larry
Parr; the official Web site might very well
suggest that he never even played rated
chess! It's simply no good for old folks
like us, except to track our inevitable
downfalls.

3) If Phil is trying to imply that he had a
higher USCF rating prior to 1991, he's either lying of senile.

A false dilemma; Dr. IMnes could well be
/both/. You really need to brush up on logic,
my boy. One needs to carefully sort out
any evidence of senility from the vast pre-
ponderence of lies and fabrications in Dr.
IMnes' postings; only then can we make
real headway in determinations regarding
his possible senility.

He started his first tournament in 1991 with an 11-game provisional
rating of 2139 (probably an import from FIDE or BCF). That was his all-
time high.

A while back, Dr. IMnes wrote a few posts
in which he related his recent aquisition of
the Rybka chess engine. Shortly thereafter,
the good doctor began to insert comments
as to how he was surging ahead, and even
defeating high-rated opponents in remote
play-- on the very same server on which Mr.
Mitchell then invited rgc posters to face off
against his idol. Connect the dots: the
good doctor is afraid of playing Sam Sloan
OTB, but PI is doing remarkably well in
remote play, ever since he met Ms. Rybka;
he seems all too eager to face off from the
safety of his remote terminal.

-- help bot