Old December 28th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Chessdon on the Coming USCF Election

On Dec 27, 2:55*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Dec 27, 2:10*pm, help bot wrote:

On Dec 19, 5:44*pm, samsloan wrote:

Who is this "we", white man?

* I've always pictured Dr. IMnes as being purple in
color, with green spots. * How does Mr. Sloan get
"white"?

You have not been a USCF member since 1996.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?12529296

* This is the sort of idiocy we've come to expect
from Mr. Sloan. *In an apparent effort to substantiate
his claim that Dr. IMnes has not been a USCF
member since 1996, Mr. Sloan provides a link to
a crosstable... proving only that Dr. IMnes has not
played USCF-rated chess since then. * As we all
know, one can easily be a member of the USCF
without playing any rated games whatever.

* -- help bot

Unless you were joking, that is a mistake.

The above link provides the names and expiration dates of all USCF
members regardless of whether they have played a rated game of chess
or not.

Thus, it shows that Phil Innes has not been a USCF member of any kind
since 1996.

He did not even join to present his friend Boris from St. Petersburg
to a USCF board meeting that took place in March, 1999

Sam Sloan

And I remember you there Sam! It was the time of the great TOM DORCH,
USCF was sinking deep in the red and no-one seemed o understand it.
Even his enemies thought Dorsch a shoo-in to next presidency if he
played ball. Not his style - instead he talked straight, at the
delegates meeting, where you [rightly] scoffed at their idea of
internet costs.

What you mean above by 'even' has no meaning- after all, I put before
the board a Russian could have funded USCF's involvement with the rest
of the world for 10 years.

After the board and delegates split up to go boozing, only Goichberg
stayed back half an hour, but he talked about CCA never USCF.

He also neglected to notice the other guy came with me, who was on a
stage the previous week with Bill Gates as having the best game-site
in USA - a Go player, he volunteered his services to USCF for free,
but no-one ever called him up.

Strange behavior to a previous senior DARPA scientist, who unlike Al
Gore, actually did invent the internet.

But there you are! Opportunity or scandal?

I never thought anyone at USCF had any sense since there neglect of
these two, and ever since USCF has been insistent on personality
scandal, as you yourself so well demonstrate.

Phil Innes