Old December 30th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default To Answer Donna Alarie's Question

From the USCF Issues Forum

Hal Bogner:
Rest assured, though, that the people involved do post here regularly,
and can write about it if they so desire. And rest assured that the
person who spread this assertion is someone who you yourself have used
as a conduit to pass documents to Ms. Polgar, and who has received and
published at least one confidential document from Ms. Polgar and/or Mr.
Truong.

Donna Alarie:
Nice. Please tell me exactly what documents I have passed to a conduit
to Ms. Polgar. I'm all ears.

Donna, you have told me that you have passed and received financial data
about the USCF's finances to and from Polgar via Sevan Muradian.
Further, you have told me that you have used Sevan Muradian to to convey
information that you wanted/hoped Polgar would make known publicly.
Old December 30th 08, 11:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Here is a thought ....

Perhaps any/all USCF financial data
should be available to the entire membership ...
You know, being a NFP Membership Org and
all? But then that might put a real damper on
some of the shady dealings that go on!

Simply put there shouldn't be any secret
USCF financial data, period. Hopefully at least
one result of all this legal battling will be that
the organization's dealings will become
completely open to the scrutiny of the members
so that I could, possibly stomach rejoining but
I am not holding my breath.
Old December 30th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Dec 30, 6:28*am, wrote:
Here is a thought ....

Perhaps any/all USCF financial data
should be available to the entire membership ...
You know, being a NFP Membership Org and
all? But then that might put a real damper on
some of the shady dealings that go on!

Now here is a post worth taking note of - especailly to those who
'join up or shut up' since there are 2 presumptions in that statement;

a) that joining up will provide information not available to non-
members, and
b) that one's membership status determines the course of the
organization

Neither seem to be true - indeed, if you cannot review the financial
status of an organization why should you join it, and secondly, if
membership constitutes no rights to determine what goes on, then...
pfft!

Simply put there shouldn't be any secret
USCF financial data, period. Hopefully at least
one result of all this legal battling will be that
the organization's dealings will become
completely open to the scrutiny of the members
so that I could, possibly stomach rejoining but
I am not holding my breath.

During the previous election I posed candidate Bauer the question if
disputes between membership and the organization should be resolved by
arbitration?

He said no.

I raised the issue because a master player had suggested it in NY
TImes in order to resolve the 9-month lag in correspondence ratings,
and successive broken promises to when the situation would be
resolved.

He said that cc players paid good money for USCF corres ratings - so
where is the performance?

Once more, in a standards-based world, USCF behave abnormally - and
its management will not submit to independent assessment of right or
wrongs.

Instead we have successive unresolved law-suits which paralyse the
board as a coherent body of governance of chess, while bleeding away
member's money and bequests on what has always seemed to me to be the
inevitable /result/ of such lack of standard.

Its a form of crisis management that is actually necessary in the
military - but who is USCF at war with?

Phil Innes
Old December 30th 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Some Questions on "Net Zero"

On Dec 30, 8:46*am, wrote:
...but who is USCF at war with?

Phil Innes

Care to comment on the recent filing by USCF to remove Truong and
Polgar as EB members?

Care to comment on the "Net Zero" account in Nashville? You know, the
one that was used to make some of the "Fake Sam Sloan" postings? The
postings that started just around the time of the Chess Masterminds
program was filmed in Nashville? Do you recall just who was involved
with the production of that program, P Innes?

Old December 30th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Dec 30, 9:26*am, The Historian wrote:
On Dec 30, 8:46*am, wrote:
*...but who is USCF at war with?

Phil Innes

Care to comment on the recent filing by USCF to remove Truong and
Polgar as EB members?

Care to comment on the "Net Zero" account in Nashville? You know, the
one that was used to make some of the "Fake Sam Sloan" postings? The
postings that started just around the time of the Chess Masterminds
program was filmed in Nashville? Do you recall just who was involved
with the production of that program, P Innes?

The Historian has just noticed something that might turn out to be
very important.

The Netzero account that was used to make some of "Fake Sam Sloan"
postings by Paul Truong has been shown to be located in Nashville,
Tennessee.

This is surprising, because Nashville has no known connection with
Polgar or Truong.

However, Nashville is the home of Rob "The Robber" Mitchell, a good
buddy of both Phil Innes and Susan Polgar.

So, it seems likely that Rob "The Robber" Mitchell may be involved in
the Fake Sam Sloan postings.

Old December 30th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Dec 30, 8:46*am, wrote:
*...but who is USCF at war with?

Phil Innes

Care to comment on the recent filing by USCF to remove Truong and
Polgar as EB members?

Filing in a court? You already have my response - but you cut it out.
I said let courts decide legal matters.

Care to comment on the "Net Zero" account in Nashville? You know, the
one that was used to make some of the "Fake Sam Sloan" postings? The
postings that started just around the time of the Chess Masterminds
program was filmed in Nashville? Do you recall just who was involved
with the production of that program, P Innes?

Formal notice that Neil Brennan makes this posting, while removing the
post he replies to, which pointed out that I, and other parties, have
openly declared for the rule of law since the beginning of this issue,
and that courts should decide law-suits under properly constituted
rules of evidence, not parties to the event and speculators of all
kinds.

I /did/ say that my response was a formal one in response to Greg
Kennedy and other speculators, and evidential materials will certainly
come under review!

Mr. Brennan seems to continue to speculate in the writing above about
the FSS. That too is formally noted!

Phil Innes
Vermont

Old December 30th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
On Dec 30, 6:28 am, wrote:
[...]

Resolution is coming....sooner than some think or want.

Old December 30th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

THIS CRAZY WORLD OF CHESS by GM Larry Evans (page 247)

81. TV or not TV

September 5, 2005

Poker became a surprising hit on TV once big bucks entered the
picture. But many people doubt that chess is ready for prime time.

Chess has no bouncing balls, as in tennis, that glue you to the tube.
To follow the action you must have enough knowledge to savor its
nuances.

There’s the rub.

True, the Fischer-Spassky title match in 1972 captured high ratings.
But who has the patience to watch lesser mortals huddled motionless
over a board for hours on end?

Bringing chess to the masses requires superb technology, faster games
and skilled commentators to captivate a largely untutored audience. A
two-hour pilot pitting Russia against the USA took place in July on
four boards over the Net with music by Bering Strait, a Nashville band
of young Russians who earned a Grammy award in 2002 for Best Country
Music.

Each player had 20 minutes per game plus five seconds a move and faced
the same rival twice. The jury is still out on this noble experiment
that was syndicated on TV via satellite by Martin Broadcasting.

All four members of the American squad were immigrants! The American
team consisted of Polgar (2577), Onischuk (2628), Gulko (2589), and
Stripunsky (2565), while the Russian team comprised Khalifman (2658),
Sakaev (2672), Aleksey (2625), and Vitiugov (2519).

Russia won 6-2.

Old December 30th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Dec 30, 8:46*am, wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

I don't say that. I haven't accused anyone of making the fake
postings. I've merely commented on the various computer reports.
However, it's interesting that the postings, as described in the
USCF's filing, began from a Nashville- based account two weeks before
Truong, Polgar, Innes, and Mitchell were in Nashville filming that
program. Polgar and Truong had been in Nashville before the day of
filming, in April at the Supernationals, and they probably were in
that Tennessee city prior to the broadcast.

As an aside, at least one of the fake postings during this period
libeled me; I believe I was singled out because I had criticized the
publicity for the Chess Masterminds program.
Old December 30th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Rob Rob is offline

On Dec 30, 8:46*am, wrote:
[...]

publicity for the Chess Masterminds program.- Hide quoted text -

If you were, I coubt that would have been the reason. You have a long
history going back much further than that short lived production or
any principles involvement with chess.