Old December 30th 08, 11:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Finally, at long last, the USCF Sues to Remove Polgar and Truong

The USCF has filed suit in Illinois State Court to remove Polgar and
Truong. The USCF is incorporated in Illinois, which is the reason why
this suit was filed there.

Although filed only yesterday, the complaint has already been posted
on several websites, including:

http://www.kronenbergerlaw.com/case_documents.html

http://mottershead.info/Complaint_US...gar_Truong.pdf

This lawsuit seeks findings from the court that Susan Polgar and Paul
Truong have engaged in dishonest and fraudulent conduct. The lawsuit
also seeks court orders removing the two of them from the USCF
Executive Board and prohibiting them from running for re-election.

This complaint could have and should have been filed a year ago, when
it became apparent that Polgar and Truong had committed massive fraud
upon the USCF and its members. At least, by waiting a year, now the
USCF has proof positive that Polgar and Truong are the guilty parties,
as a result of serving subpoenas on their ISPs which provided proof
that the account holder of the account that made some of the "Fake Sam
Sloan" postings was Paul Truong and that the account was paid for with
Susan Polgar's credit card. In addition, as a result of subpoenas
served on the ISP for chessdiscussion.com and other ISPs, the USCF has
proof that Susan Polgar and an accomplice (known to be Gregory
Alexander) stole the password of Board Member Randy Hough and hacked
into his email account at least 111 times, thereby obtaining
confidential information.

Already, after reading the USCF's complaint, the last of the long time
Polgarites are abandoning her.

A long time Polgar supporter writes:

"I have never been so disappointed in anyone in chess as Polgar. I
really really hoped that she was who she seemed to be."

Another former Polgar supporter writes:

"I had been a strong supporter of Susan Polgar for a long time ... I
no longer support Susan Polgar or those she supports in USCF
politics."

This suit comes just in time. As recently as yesterday, there were
reports that Susan Polgar was offering deals to get candidates to run
on the Susan Polgar Slate in the coming USCF election, and was also
offering deals to possible opponents if they agreed not to run.

The smartest thing :Polgar and Truong could do now is resign for the
board and head for the hills.

The tricks they have used or tried to use in the other cases will not
work in this case. They cannot evade service of process, because they
can be served by service on the USCF, since they are directors of the
USCF.

They cannot complain that the Illinois court has no jurisdiction,
because it clearly does have jurisdiction. They cannot file a
retaliatory lawsuit in this case. Refusing to testify will not work
either.

I cannot see any defense they could possibly have.

They had better be worried about being deported if this case goes to
judgment, especially since Susan Polgar has apparently never bothered
to become a US citizen, and since the complaint contains allegations
of crimes of "moral terpitude", which are deportable offenses.

Old December 31st 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Is USCF under the impression I cannot refile my old lawsuit?

Illinois has a TWO-year time-limit for defamation, and I'll be getting
a second right-to-sue letter from the EEOC soon, while the PA court
will decide whether or not to just open up the old case, which was
dismissed WITHOUT PREJUDICE (dismissal on procedural technicalities
allows for refiling as a rule).

USCF has now undertaken the same type of prefiling discovery which was
denied to me when I tried it here in another case (which is why I
didn't try it again). Seems paying for a lawyer carries some weight
in the courts. Maybe I ought to try it this time.

It seems I have quite a case against an organization that acts as if
it has no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for those upon whom its
own board members have trampled, while other board members refused to
investigate, and now want to take the high road.

No small wonder USCF didn't quote my lawsuit in its own.