Old December 30th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Let's see how long this one stays around

Over on ChessDiscussion, someone with the handle "Fat Lady", referring
to the Polgar complaint published at Kronenbergerlaw, posted:

quote

This document is a very interesting read. It seems to contain proof
that at least some of the Fake Sam Sloan postings, those made from the
zero account " (see
http://tinyurl.com/9mddzl) were made by someone who created their
Netzero account using the name "Paul Truong" and who paid for it with
Susan Polgar's American Express card. See paragraphs 16 to 21 in the
above PDF.

If anyone has an theory about how Susan Polgar's American Express card
paid for a Netzero account used by (other
than the obvious explanation), I'd like to hear it.

/quote
Old December 30th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Dec 30, 1:50*pm, Mike Murray wrote:
Over on ChessDiscussion, someone with the handle "Fat Lady", referring
to the Polgar complaint published at Kronenbergerlaw, posted:

*quote

This document is a very interesting read. It seems to contain proof
that at least some of the Fake Sam Sloan postings, those made from the
zero account " (seehttp://tinyurl.com/9mddzl) were made by someone who created their
Netzero account using the name "Paul Truong" and who paid for it with
Susan Polgar's American Express card. See paragraphs 16 to 21 in the
above PDF.

If anyone has an theory about how Susan Polgar's American Express card
paid for a Netzero account used by (other
than the obvious explanation), I'd like to hear it.

/quote

I assume the handle "Fat Lady" refers to "the opera isn't over until
the (insert handle) sings." It will be interesting to observe if
there is any related singing. Pass the popcorn.

Randy Bauer
Old December 30th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Dec 30, 2:50*pm, Mike Murray wrote:
Over on ChessDiscussion, someone with the handle "Fat Lady", referring
to the Polgar complaint published at Kronenbergerlaw, posted:

*quote

This document is a very interesting read. It seems to contain proof
that at least some of the Fake Sam Sloan postings, those made from the
zero account " (seehttp://tinyurl.com/9mddzl) were made by someone who created their
Netzero account using the name "Paul Truong" and who paid for it with
Susan Polgar's American Express card. See paragraphs 16 to 21 in the
above PDF.

If anyone has an theory about how Susan Polgar's American Express card
paid for a Netzero account used by (other
than the obvious explanation), I'd like to hear it.

/quote

I cannot find this posting.

Where is it?

Has it been deleted already?

Old December 30th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Randy Bauer wrote:
[...]

Seems it is gone. :-)
Old December 30th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Dec 30, 8:03*pm, Randy Bauer wrote:
[...]

"Fat Lady" is me. I've been using it for about ten years on online
chess sites. The first time I used it was on a long defunct site
called Chess Web (run by a German student). There were a few public
boards there where anyone could make a move and three people in a row
had to resign before the game was deemed finished. In one game a
visitor insisted on playing on when his side was completely lost,
commenting "it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings" every time other
players tried to resign it. I quickly created an account called Fat
Lady and sang "No more lonely knights" in the comments as I tried for
the umpteenth time to resign the game so that a new one could be
started. To his credit the visitor finally took the hint and agreed to
abandon his hopeless task.

I'm very surprised that my attempt to post a message to
chessdiscussion.com has suceeded. There was a time when all my posts
were rejected by the moderators, but my last two or three have been
approved. I hope this one remains there for a while as any Polgar
supporters who take take the time to look at this new evidence will
surely have their confidence in Polgar and Truong severely dented.
Jack Le Moine, for example, seems to be a decent person who has sided
with Polgar mostly because he doesn't like Sam Sloan's character.
Hopefully he will come to realise that disliking Sam doesn't have to
be synonmous with supporting the crooked behaviour of Polgar and
Truong.

Personally, I think Sam Sloan is a great guy. I don't like everything
he puts on his website, but nobody is perfect. The chess world would
be a duller place without him.

Old December 30th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

On Dec 30, 1:50*pm, Mike Murray wrote:
Over on ChessDiscussion, someone with the handle "Fat Lady", referring
to the Polgar complaint published at Kronenbergerlaw, posted:

*quote

This document is a very interesting read. It seems to contain proof
that at least some of the Fake Sam Sloan postings, those made from the
zero account " (seehttp://tinyurl.com/9mddzl) were made by someone who created their
Netzero account using the name "Paul Truong" and who paid for it with
Susan Polgar's American Express card. See paragraphs 16 to 21 in the
above PDF.

If anyone has an theory about how Susan Polgar's American Express card
paid for a Netzero account used by (other
than the obvious explanation), I'd like to hear it.

/quote

Mike,
It was my understanding that netzero accounts could be started for
free? Is that not the case?
The Mitch
Old December 30th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:51:23 -0800 (PST), Rob
wrote:

Mike,
It was my understanding that netzero accounts could be started for
free? Is that not the case?
The Mitch

Jeez, Rob, look at the web page: http://www.netzero.net/

You get the first month free. But that probably means you have to
give 'em a credit card number and, if you bail before the 1st month is
up, you don't get charged.

What are you driving at? That he wouldn't have used a credit card
since he wasn't planning on staying ? The card number would probably
stay on file, even if it wasn't charged.
Old December 30th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

wrote:

Mike,
It was my understanding that netzero accounts could be started for
free? Is that not the case?
The Mitch

Jeez, Rob, look at the web page:http://www.netzero.net/

You get the first month free. * But that probably means you have to
give 'em a credit card number and, if you bail before the 1st month is
up, you don't get charged.

What are you driving at? *That he wouldn't have used a credit card
since he wasn't planning on staying ? *The card number would probably
stay on file, even if it wasn't charged.

Mike,

the link you posted didn't have any information showing any credit
card information on it. Here, look at this too: http://www.netzero.net/free

I didn't know netzero had a paid service. Why would anyone pay for
something they can get for free?

Rob "The Mitch"
Old December 31st 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:

Mike,
It was my understanding that netzero accounts could be started for
free? Is that not the case?
The Mitch

Jeez, Rob, look at the web page:http://www.netzero.net/

You get the first month free. * But that probably means you have to
give 'em a credit card number and, if you bail before the 1st month is
up, you don't get charged.

What are you driving at? *That he wouldn't have used a credit card
since he wasn't planning on staying ? *The card number would probably
stay on file, even if it wasn't charged.

Mike,

the link you posted didn't have any information showing any credit
card information on it. Here, look at this too:http://www.netzero.net/free

I didn't know netzero had a paid service. Why would anyone pay for
something they can get for free?

Rob "The Mitch"- Hide quoted text -

Um, why don't you ask Susan or Paul? The credit card was used to
charge for Netzero services, and it was hers. The Netzero IP address
was used to post as the "fake Sam Sloan."

Connect the dots - I'm guessing the court will be able to do so.
Maybe that's the difference between judges and insurance agents.

Randy Bauer
Old December 31st 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:00:05 -0800 (PST), Rob
wrote:

the link you posted didn't have any information showing any credit
card information on it. Here, look at this too: http://www.netzero.net/free

I didn't know netzero had a paid service. Why would anyone pay for
something they can get for free?

Rob "The Mitch"

Well, "free" doesn't mean "without obligation". From their terms of
service:

"NetZero will collect, store, compile and utilize information about
you, your computer, your phone number and your use of the NetZero
Services including, without limitation, information regarding the Web
sites you visit and information that you provide in response to
NetZero questionnaires, surveys and registration forms. NetZero may
provide this information to third parties including advertisers,
clients, marketing organizations and others"

and, further,

"In exchange for NetZero providing the NetZero Services, you agree to
provide NetZero with accurate and complete information it may request
from time to time through questionnaires, surveys and registration
forms."

So, for the "free", you pay with your privacy.

A little bit down the page, it says,

"You must provide a valid method of payment (i.e. credit card,
checking account, telephone billing, etc.) prior to and during any
times you receive billable NetZero Services and pricing plans."

So, if you don't give 'em a credit card, you must provide some other
payment mechanism by which you can be tracked.

But, why am I doing this? It's on the page to which you provided the
link. You're quite capable of reading the fine print yourself.

Permit me a psychological interpretation of your naivite on this
matter: you want so badly to find some hole in the USCF case that you
suspend your critical faculties. Give it up, Rob, the USCF attorney's
aren't fools.