Old December 31st 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Thank You "revenge will be to (sic) sweet"

to (sic) sweet wrote here earlier today:

If lier writes 'I am definitely not planning to do' which is very
clear enough, he plans not to but with reluctance, gets persuaded.
CHOOSE YOUR SIDES, THERE WAS ONLY ONE CHANCE
****YOU 'BRAIN', ****YOU ****YOU ****YOU

I had not planned to run for the USCF EB, but your anonymous remails
crap has convinced me otherwise. If I can get the petition signatures
needed, I will run for the EB in the coming USCF election.

I will campaign on three fundamental principles:

1. Transparency in all USCF Dealings

2. Fiscal Responsibility

3. Ethical Behavior

Again, thanks "to (sic) sweet" for helping me come to a decision.
Old December 31st 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

B. Lafferty wrote:

to (sic) sweet wrote here earlier today:

If lier writes 'I am definitely not planning to do' which is very
clear enough, he plans not to but with reluctance, gets persuaded.
CHOOSE YOUR SIDES, THERE WAS ONLY ONE CHANCE
****YOU 'BRAIN', ****YOU ****YOU ****YOU

I had not planned to run for the USCF EB, but your anonymous remails
crap has convinced me otherwise. If I can get the petition signatures
needed, I will run for the EB in the coming USCF election.

I will campaign on three fundamental principles:

1. Transparency in all USCF Dealings

2. Fiscal Responsibility

3. Ethical Behavior

Again, thanks "to (sic) sweet" for helping me come to a decision.

This is bizarre. Shouldn't these three things to be assumed to be true.
If you are running on them, and not on any on point issue, isn't this
actually a 100% pure negative campaign? Because the only way this is
sufficient is if the opponents or existing board doesn't behave this way
already.

And a 100% negative campaign is just going to come across as too much
like dad, the pope, or the commissioner.

This isn't to say the organization doesn't need this. But this is NOT
why I am a member of the organization. And if this IS what it is, I
don't care. I just won't be a member any more.
Old December 31st 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

johnny_t wrote:
B. Lafferty wrote:

[...]

Not a negative comment on anyone at all. I'm pledging for myself that I
will adhere to those three principles.
Old December 31st 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

B. Lafferty wrote:

Not a negative comment on anyone at all. I'm pledging for myself that I
will adhere to those three principles.

I see what you are doing there.

Good luck on that!
Old December 31st 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

johnny_t wrote:
B. Lafferty wrote:

Not a negative comment on anyone at all. I'm pledging for myself that
I will adhere to those three principles.

I see what you are doing there.

Good luck on that!

Thanks. I will have an election issue blog set up in a day or so to
address any issues that come up during the "election season."

Old December 31st 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Dec 31, 3:07*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
johnny_t wrote:
B. Lafferty wrote:

Not a negative comment on anyone at all. *I'm pledging for myself that
I will adhere to those three principles.

I see what you are doing there.

Good luck on that!

Thanks. *I will have an election issue blog set up in a day or so to
address any issues that come up during the "election season."

Brian,

Can you also add a PayPal donation button to your election campaign
website?

Seriously, I want to donate to this cause, so you can buy a USCF
mailing list and send out little cards too as Bill Goichberg does.

In this season, yours is the best campaign platform I've seen! Don't
drop this idea, even if you come under pressure from the "other side,"
please!

Good Luck!!!!

- JAP
Old December 31st 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

I guess the days of requiring actual accomplishment or experience in a
Board member are behind us. A loud mouth and a big ego are sufficient.
Old December 31st 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
I guess the days of requiring actual accomplishment or experience in a
Board member are behind us. A loud mouth and a big ego are sufficient.

I love you, too, John. Hug.
Old December 31st 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Dec 31, 1:25*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

I had not planned to run for the USCF EB, but your anonymous remails
crap has convinced me otherwise. *If I can get the petition signatures
needed, I will run for the EB in the coming USCF election.

One thing you need to do if you hope to get
elected is change your name.

Nobody is going to vote for someone called
"Jackass Lafferty". May I suggest doing
what most people in show biz do -- pick a
pseudonym, like say, "Diamond", or "Star"
or "Kid", and attach it to your surname,
dropping the first part. How about this one:
"Lucky Gold Star Lafferty"?

-- help bot