Old January 1st 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default I OPPOSE Brian Lafferty's Board Candidacy

Assuming that was actually Mr. Lafferty announcing his candidacy for
the USCF IBoard of Directors, I am posting to state my strong
opposition to his candidacy, or the candidacy of any of the other FSS
"whistleblowers."

Laffterty is playing "reluctant-hero" here, a common internet
marketing tactic used by those who fly "under the radar" to get
popular, often by attacking a popular target (which the FSS has been
for a while, as is the existing board).

For all the talk about his intentions, one should look at the outcome
he will achieve if elected, namely becoming a controlling factor in an
organization with $3.2 million in revenues.

Even if Mr. Lafferty were the most altruistic whistleblower on the
planet, he would, or should, know, that he has created an indelible
odor of self-interest surrounding his candidacy, as his new objective
(election for himself) has been aided quite considerably by his stated
prior objectives, which is what creates an appearance of self-interest
motivation that a true "outsider" would acknowledge.

His only counter-arguments to my opposition will boil down to "trust
me." That would be a lot easier to do if he was not setting his
sights on the Board.

Old January 1st 09, 12:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 1, 6:04*am, RayGordon wrote:
[...]

My counter argument you your opposition is that you are not a USCF
member and have not been a member in more than a decade.
Old January 1st 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 1, 5:04*am, RayGordon wrote:
[...]

sigh

Duly noted.

:::eyes rolling:::
Old January 1st 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 1, 12:54*pm, Matt Nemmers wrote:
[...]

:::eyes rolling:::- Hide quoted text -

Nice thing is if Roy is against him you now have confirmation that the
candidate must be a good one.