Old January 3rd 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Will Sam Sloan Pull A Polgar or Do the Right Thing

Will he run for the USCF EB while suing the USCF in the Southern
District of New York? I hope not. Sam, please drop/discontinue the
USCF in your federal action. As long as your appeal is pending the case
is still alive and you have a conflict to address as a candidate.

I'm betting Sam will do the right thing.
Old January 3rd 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jan 3, 11:09*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
Will he run for the USCF EB while suing the USCF in the Southern
District of New York? *I hope not. *Sam, please drop/discontinue the
USCF in your federal action. *As long as your appeal is pending the case
is still alive and you have a conflict to address as a candidate.

I'm betting Sam will do the right thing.

My suit is in the nature of a derivative suit where I am trying to
protect the corporation from those who are looting its assets.

It is a legal requirement in such suits that the subject corporation
be named as a defendant even though it is in reality the co-plaintiff.

So, there is no conflict of interest.

In addition, you are apparently not aware of this, but Bill Brock
still has a motion still pending in this case which his lawyer
recently renewed, so the case will stay alive until at least Bill
Brock's motion has been decided.

The case of Susan Polgar vs. USCF is entirely different. She is not
trying to protect the USCF from having its assets looted. Rather, she
is demanding that the USCF pay her $25 million for the damages that
she claims that the USCF has caused her.

Old January 3rd 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Wrong, your suit is NOT in the nature of a derivative action. NOT AT
ALL. If you don't drop the USCF, I hope they keep you off the ballot.
Then you can try to get an Illinois judge to order the EB to put you
back on the ballot. It's decision time Sam.
Old January 3rd 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jan 3, 12:51*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I have heard you express a lot of off the wall legal opinions,
but this one takes it.

Virtually every allegation of my complaint is about corporate
malfeasance, so it is in the nature of a derivative suit.

Old January 3rd 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
[...]

You haven't a legal clue on this one Sam. I'm going to urge the EB to
keep you off the ballot until you drop the USCF as a defendant. This
will be a major campaign issue if they don't throw you off the ballot.

Old January 3rd 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 3, 11:09*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
Will he run for the USCF EB while suing the USCF in the Southern
District of New York? *I hope not. *Sam, please drop/discontinue the
USCF in your federal action. *As long as your appeal is pending the case
is still alive and you have a conflict to address as a candidate.

I'm betting Sam will do the right thing.

Brian,

The following may be of interest: http://www.betteruscf.org/fiduciary.htm

Regards,
Wayne Praeder

Old January 3rd 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jan 3, 12:32*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Jan 3, 11:09*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

Will he run for the USCF EB while suing the USCF in the Southern
District of New York? *I hope not. *Sam, please drop/discontinue the
USCF in your federal action. *As long as your appeal is pending the case
is still alive and you have a conflict to address as a candidate.

I'm betting Sam will do the right thing.

My suit is in the nature of a derivative suit where I am trying to
protect the corporation from those who are looting its assets.

Its assets? Isn't the corporation for which you vicariously represent,
(a) in massive deficit from year to year to the tune of $100,000 and
have you not said so yourself? (b) you talk as if you represent the
'corporation' itself though it actually does not accord with your
views , and (c) you speak about your cause 'looting' without any
actual evidence of looting?

!

!

!
!

!

Apart from these three things, what have you?

You do not actually contest any of those things with those who think
at all, and your are a bit 'in your head' about them, no? Or, you are
a fantacist who despite 8,000 negative commentaries about Susan Polgar
going back 6 years, deny you are obsessed.

It is always prospective to ask politicians if what they do has
anything to do with what they say. Otherwise they just mouth-off as if
people didn't suspect actual behavior as contradicting the golden
words.

The Sloan actually denied 8,000+ negative mentions as not being
obsessed!!!

By which measure should anyone pay him attention? Will his attention
ever escape his obsession? Answer if you will, but note that for the
preceding 8 year the answer is a resolute 'NOT!'

[Laugh]

These rather fundamental issues seem to go without notice by those who
vote for the Sloan or would trust his orientation to any objective
truth of what would benefit chess in the USA.

Instead we witness a massive egocentricity.

That is his actual measure, demonstrated here every day from his own
keyboard - no matter how **obviously** mean or vile his distortions
are, or how his supporters cannot seem to notice same, these half
dozen or 10 people willing to overlook them.

Decency, USA numbers in the hundred thousands to contradict their
manipulations.

You, Mr. Sloan, are the Worm-tongue candidate from Mordor. Beware
those who work you will sacrifice you as easily as you treat truth and
decency.

Phil Innes
Old January 3rd 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Jan 3, 3:19*pm, wrote:
On Jan 3, 10:09*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

Will he run for the USCF EB while suing the USCF in the Southern
District of New York? *I hope not. *Sam, please drop/discontinue the
USCF in your federal action. *As long as your appeal is pending the case
is still alive and you have a conflict to address as a candidate.

I'm betting Sam will do the right thing.

Lafferty is right. directors should not sue the corporation while
serving.The confusion is that Judge
Lafferty ought to be a director before being an officer, and he does
not know the difference. The Executive
Board is merely a subset of the Board of Direcotrs or Delegates, and
this confusion is wasting my time.

Marcus Roberts
Ambassador of St Kitts and Nevis
U.S. Citizen

Marcus, we have written to the premier of St Kitts and Nevis [a
gentleman!] who admits he knows you not. I don't mind you being an
unofficial fellow on their chessic behest, but should you not moderate
you moniker, thereby?

Cordially, Phil Innes