Old January 7th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,re.games.chess.misc

Default What's the Truth About Those Pirates, Paul

There an alternative story about your escape from Vietnam. It goes
something like this; boat leaves Vietnam and is escorted to Thailand by
two armed patrol boats--no pirate involvement.

Another Truong myth will be debunked tomorrow. Stay tuned. We're
working out way from Vietnam to Florida.
Old January 7th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.vietnamese,alt.chess

On Jan 7, 6:01*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
There an alternative story about your escape from Vietnam. *It goes
something like this; boat leaves Vietnam and is escorted to Thailand by
two armed patrol boats--no pirate involvement.

Another Truong myth will be debunked tomorrow. *Stay tuned. *We're
working out way from Vietnam to Florida.

Very interesting.

I have always suspected that Truong's story was fake, especially the
part about how the pirates raped and then killed all of the women and
threw their dead bodies overboard, except for the young and beautiful
ones whom they kept and were never seen again.

Although no doubt things like this did happen, I have also wondered
whether it happened to the group that Mr. Truong was with.

Old January 7th 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

B. Lafferty wrote:
There an alternative story about your escape from Vietnam. It goes
something like this; boat leaves Vietnam and is escorted to Thailand by
two armed patrol boats--no pirate involvement.

Another Truong myth will be debunked tomorrow. Stay tuned. We're
working out way from Vietnam to Florida.

Supporting evidence, please. Since you used to be an attorney, I
asusme you understand the concept.
Old January 8th 09, 01:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 7, 5:01*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
There an alternative story about your escape from Vietnam. *It goes
something like this; boat leaves Vietnam and is escorted to Thailand by
two armed patrol boats--no pirate involvement.

Another Truong myth will be debunked tomorrow. *Stay tuned. *We're
working out way from Vietnam to Florida.

Have you read Paul Hoffman's _The King's Gambit_? (Recommended to me
by my attorney.)

Old January 8th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I personally have long believed that Truong was not a boat person at
all and that he came to America by way of Moscow.
Old January 8th 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 7, 6:37*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

You'll have to wait for the day Mr. Truong sits for his deposition.

Out of curiosity, why do you think you'll get the straight story at
his deposition?
Old January 8th 09, 04:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 7, 10:35*pm, Wick wrote:
On Jan 7, 6:37*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

You'll have to wait for the day Mr. Truong sits for his deposition.

Out of curiosity, why do you think you'll get the straight story at
his deposition?

Yes. If he can ever be forced to testify he will have to reveal the
truth because the US State Department must have records of how he
really got here.

However, I do not think that you will ever be able to get him under
oath.