Old January 8th 09, 12:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Polgar writes, "they have crossed the line when they went after mecriminally"

Another lawsuit against the USCF in Connecticut

Postby SusanPolgar on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:29 am

marknibb wrote:Susan, please, please, please - have discussion
with your legal counsel and those involved and please try and
determine with the fewest or no conditions at all to offer mediation
as an option to the USCF.

Please don't come back with I'll only talk if.... type of
conditions. Talking must be the first step. I'm not holding only you
accountible for the "stalemate", but please take the first step of
dropping demands and try presenting them as "desires" if you must.

You can make this happen I believe. Best to you this new year.

Mark,

First of all, happy new year! My best wishes to you and your family.

Secondly, many things will happen soon. The USCF and the EB majority
have gone too far and they have crossed the line when they went after
me criminally. I offered mediation all the way back in August to save
the USCF. The other side refused. I pleaded with the EB members many
times to end this for more than one year. They laughed at my face and
insulted me. Mark, there is nothing I can do. There are tons of things
that you and many others do not know and I cannot discuss it publicly
at this moment. But the facts will come out soon enough.

What people read in various forums are only 10% of the facts, maybe
less. The rest is just lies and pure political spin. Believe me, I
would want nothing more than to end this complete nonsense and focus
on helping the USCF and US Chess. The USCF can end this tomorrow if
they want to. I will say this again. The USCF can end this tomorrow
and save the federation and its members tons of money. But this is not
up to me. I cannot end things when I am being called a criminal. When
people go after me, I have no choice but to defend myself and
completely clear my name. My personal / professional reputation is non-
negotiable.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
http://www.SusanPolgar.blogspot.com
http://www.SusanPolgar.com
Old January 8th 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,nyc.general,nyc.politics

Since Truong is apparently a naturalized citizen, he can only be
deported if it can be proven that he lied on his citizenship
application.

On the other hand, the wife is apparently not a citizen and she can be
deported on many grounds. She does not even have to be convicted of
anything.

I have a question:

Citizenships are granted in a federal district court by a federal
judge.

In all cases filed in federal court, the records are available to the
public

Therefore, Truong's citizenship application should be available to the
public.

However, in an unrelated case not involving chess I tried to do this
and got nowhere.

The case I was working on was a landlord and tenant case in Brooklyn.
The tenant lived in a "rent controlled" three-bedroom apartment. That
meant that he paid only $152.36 for an apartment that would go for
over $2000 per month on the free market.

I was virtually certain that the person actually living in the
apartment was using a fake name. The real original tenant had moved to
New Jersey and had sold the apartment to the fake guy. This sort of
fraud regarding rent controlled and rent stabilized apartments in New
York City is extremely common. There are thousands of cases just like
this in New York City, which is why I believe that the rent control
laws should be abolished altogether.

Since both the real and the fake guy were naturalized citizens, I
could possibly prove which was real and which was fake by securing
their citizenship records. Both the real and the fake one were from
Trinidad and were relatives with the same last name so this was an
additional complication.

I went to the federal courthouse in Brooklyn to try to get their
citizenship records. The clerk's office told me that although
citizenships are granted in the courthouse, no records are kept there.
Also, they do not use the regular district judges. Rather a special
judge is brought in for the swearing-in-ceremony.

I tried for months to get the citizenship records of these people, but
never got anywhere.

This all happened about ten years ago.

End result: I just checked and the fake guy is still living there.

Old January 8th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,nyc.general,nyc.politics

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Such records are in Washington, D.C. with the INS.

Old January 8th 09, 02:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,nyc.general,nyc.politics

"samsloan" wrote in message
[...]

Interesting. But before drawing any conclusions I'd like to see a control
study where someone who's not a complete ****ing retard attempts to get the
selfsame records.

Old January 9th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 8, 6:17*am, samsloan wrote:
Another lawsuit against the USCF in Connecticut

Postby SusanPolgar on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:29 am

Secondly, many things will happen soon. The USCF and the EB majority
have gone too far and they have crossed the line when they went after
me criminally.

Incorrect. The USCF, or any other private entity, cannot "go after"
anyone criminally. Only the government can file criminal charges.
The most a private citizen can do is ask the government to file
criminal charges,but the government is under no obligation to do
that.

I cannot end things when I am being called a criminal. When
people go after me, I have no choice but to defend myself and
completely clear my name. My personal / professional reputation is non-
negotiable.

I would find this statement more compelling if the sequence made
sense. It doesn't. Polgar was not sued by USCF until 2 months after
she filed her defamation lawsuit.

Old January 9th 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Wick wrote:
[...]

You are being logical. I don't think Trolgar's psychological drivers
are all that logical. If they were, they would have walked away from US
chess quietly which would have stopped all the digging into their less
than noble doings.