Old January 20th 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Was Bobby Fischer the Greatest Player Ever?

On Jan 19, 2:16*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
* Of course, he's hardly alone in this. We have plenty of scoundrels,
fools and hypocrites here besides Greg. But offhand I can't think of
anyone who has so little on the positive side of the ledger. Even
those I've had major disagreements with for example Phil Innes, Sam
Sloan, Larry Parr occasionally contribute something positive, or at
least interesting here. But aside from the odd game with Sanny's
ridiculous program, Greg posts almost nothing here but "mechanical
carping" and clumsy, tedious bile.- Hide quoted text -

I think you are being unfair. While it is true that help bot has
never contributed *intelligently* to a topic, his satire really can be
pretty funny.
Old January 20th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 20, 2:46*am, wrote:
[...]

This is meaningless to our Liarry. No one has ever accused our Liarry
of having a sense of humour. Just look at those tomes he referenced.
Who keeps such droll books in their library? Yet we are supposed to
believe our Liarry has them close at hand. Maybe even in his throne
room. Sheeeesh.
Old January 20th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 20, 3:17*pm, None wrote:
On Jan 20, 2:46*am, wrote:

On Jan 19, 2:16*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:

* Of course, he's hardly alone in this. We have plenty of scoundrels,
fools and hypocrites here besides Greg. But offhand I can't think of
anyone who has so little on the positive side of the ledger. Even
those I've had major disagreements with for example Phil Innes, Sam
Sloan, Larry Parr occasionally contribute something positive, or at
least interesting here. But aside from the odd game with Sanny's
ridiculous program, Greg posts almost nothing here but "mechanical
carping" and clumsy, tedious bile.- Hide quoted text -

I think you are being unfair. While it is true that help bot has
never contributed *intelligently* to a topic,

Yes it is untrue to say that - better said is that often, each of us
finds a means of intelligent contribution which startles our
colleagues and antagonists - since it is a clear exposition of a
point.

To utterly negate others is to tend to pedantry oneself. I witness, I
own, help-bot has often made the decisive comment here on an issue.
And I am no ****ing fool to be wooed by liking or disliking any person
- thought I admit here and there each of us can say best on an issue -
the next day they can say worse. I admit this condition in myself, and
thereby in others. I know what my own lack a wit means from examining
my own motive - do you?

If not, neither bother a reply, if so, write with more humanity in you
next time, or suffer my insult to you here, anon.

I don't need say what that is, eh, you know it.

his satire really can be
pretty funny.

--I think you are being unfair. While it is true that help bot has
never contributed *intelligently* to a topic, his satire really can
be
pretty funny.

He has contributed to intelligent conversation, and his satire is
funny to those to whom satire is enough. But what is that to you,
citizen, who cannot write your own name? You cannot even own your
opinion - and exist in the realm of good or bad ******s, but ******s
surely. I have said the same to the bot himself.

This is meaningless to our Liarry. No one has ever accused our Liarry
of having a sense of humour.

Since you speak of behalf of no-one, and demonstrate your non-ness by
being anonymous, I will end any issue between us here, since who cares
for anonymous whining about real people?

If you want to take on Larry Parr, own your name and your opinions,
and address him as a human being, or do as you do which is to
'bravely' jerk off to the gallery. Its a choice.

Phil Innes

Old January 21st 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 20, 3:17*pm, None wrote:
On Jan 20, 2:46*am, wrote:

[...]

I do. At least the Barzun tome Clio and the Doctors. And I've probably
read, and perhaps own, books Mr. Parr has in his library.

Old January 21st 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 20, 4:54*pm, wrote:
On Jan 20, 3:17*pm, None wrote:

On Jan 20, 2:46*am, wrote:

[...]

room. Sheeeesh.- Hide quoted text -

This is meaningless to our Liarry. No one has ever accused our Liarry
of having a sense of humour.

--Since you speak of behalf of no-one, and demonstrate your non-ness
by
being anonymous, I will end any issue between us here, since who
cares
for anonymous whining about real people? --Phil Innes

Who the **** asked you asshole.

If you want to take on Larry Parr, own your name and your opinions,
and address him as a human being, or do as you do which is to
'bravely' jerk off to the gallery. Its a choice. --Phil Innes

You twit, you're about as funny as the runs.

Old January 21st 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 21, 2:56*pm, None wrote:
On Jan 20, 4:54*pm, wrote:

Who the **** needs to 'ask' - what are you, a momma's boy?

If you want to take on Larry Parr, own your name and your opinions,
and address him as a human being, or do as you do which is to
'bravely' jerk off to the gallery. Its a choice. --Phil Innes

You twit, you're about as funny as the runs.

A bit Brit. But not very funny, except if you like slag heaps, okay
sunshine?

Phil

Old January 22nd 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 21, 3:10*pm, wrote:
On Jan 21, 2:56*pm, None wrote:

On Jan 20, 4:54*pm, wrote:

On Jan 20, 3:17*pm, None wrote:

On Jan 20, 2:46*am, wrote:

[...]

Phil- Hide quoted text -

A bit Brit. But not very funny, except if you like slag heaps, okay
sunshine? -- Phil

Sorry but I don't care to leap hags and haggis is not nearly as good
as a glass of scotch. Agereed you should let the sun shine in as this
is indeed the age of aquariums. yeah, yeah, yeah.