Old January 27th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default I get anonymous mail

BEGIN QUOTED EMAIL

From: George Orwell
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address
above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at .

Subject: So anyway, after 44...Rc8 we get this position
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:40:54 +0100 (CET)

So anyway, after 44...Rc8 we get this position:
White: Kd4, Rf2. Pa2, Pe3
Black: Kb4, Rc8, Pa4

Mr Brock,
I can tell you for certain that this "Paul" was NOT Mr Truong. More
I do not know about the troll to whom you disclosed the information
about Chessster, but I can play chess, I have access to the some of
the finest human players in the world, and I am more than concerned
about whether it was really SS who posted as ChesSSter (see caps)
and therefore as CheSSterMolester too, or not. It is important. From
what CM posted, it is only KB who can get the IP from Google, and KB
is apparently uninterested. So I need your help, please.
Since you are a man of your word, here is the solution to your small
problem. It has been checked by one of the six highest rated players
in the world on December's FIDE ranking list.
The position is a dead draw. There is no doubt at all of that, no
matter what you may incorectly think that the "verdict" of Gcm is.
The analyses you and the other gave make the mistake of ignoring that
Black has a sure fire PROACTIVE line which is to maneuver his rook to
b2. Even if white queens, the game will be a book draw. For example
we have 45. e4 Rd8+ 46. Ke3 Re8 47. Re2 a3 48. Rc2 Re7 49. Kf4 Rf7+
50. Kg5 Rf1 51. e5 Rb1 52. e6 Rb2 53. e7 Rxc2 54. e8=Q Rxa2 drawn
The other line is even easier. 45. Rb2+ Ka3 46. Re2 Rd8+ and after
the King eventually commits to the K-side, ..Rb8 and ..Rb2, White
helped the Black King move to where it wanted to be. The draw is so
clear that even if black plays a weak move, for example 45. Rb2+ Ka5?
the Super-GM and I both say it is drawn via ..a3, but tricky.
Please now put the information that the troll requested (he or she
did get the questions correct) on rgcp. Thanks. I would prefer it if
you kept this email private, as you are a person of honor. Thanks. If
you need to discuss the chess, fine, but just quote the variation.

https://www.mixmaster.it

END QUOTED EMAIL

Jeepers, I lost in the game after planning the proactive ...Rb2 idea
for umpteen moves.

It does seem like the anon has a point, however. Counting on my
fingers, Black may draw by one tempo in the Q vs a-pawn lines, and the
position after 54...Rxa2 is a tablebase draw.
Old January 27th 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 27, 10:31*am, billbrock wrote:
BEGIN QUOTED EMAIL

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:40:54 +0100 (CET)

[...]

non corrisponde ad un utente * |message is not related to a real
di un sistema anonimizzatore * |anonymous system
Per maggiori informazioni * * *|For more info
* * * * * * * * *https://www.mixmaster.it

END QUOTED EMAIL

Jeepers, I lost in the game after planning the proactive ...Rb2 idea
for umpteen moves.

It does seem like the anon has a point, however. *Counting on my
fingers, Black may draw by one tempo in the Q vs a-pawn lines, and the
position after 54...Rxa2 is a tablebase draw.

It's amazing what one has to do in order to get folks in this forum to
focus on chess....
Old January 28th 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:40:54 +0100 (CET)

[...]

And it's a fairly easy tablebase draw: hard for White to set any
nontrivial traps as long as Black brings the rook to b2, tucks the
king in the corner, and leaves the pawn on a3.

As long as we have access to one of the top six players in the world
(doubtless dog-paddling in shark-infested waters as we speak), what's
his opinion on Black's best after the variation 1. e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.
Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 d6 8. c3 O-O 9. h3 Na5
10. Bc2 d5 11. exd5 e4 12. Ng5 Nxd5 13. Nxh7 Kxh7 14. Bxe4+ Kg8 15.
Bxd5 Qxd5 16. Rxe7 ? I played 16...Bh3 in the cited game. 16...Bb7
is not illogical, and 16...Be6 is a move, too.

This may be a trivial question, as 13.Nxh7 is not a very impressive
try for advantage. Since none of the elite have played the Gajewski
Gambit recently, why has it disappeared only a year or so after
Carlsen played it twice? (My guess is that if one is willing to
gambit a pawn to reach an OK ending, the Marshall is still a better
choice.)
Old January 28th 09, 01:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:40:54 +0100 (CET)

[...]

P.S. I may be a weakie, but don't want one of the top six players in
the world to think I'm a moron. I did see the ...a3, ...Rc1-b1-
b2, ...Rxc2, and ...Rxa2 idea in the game. But I spent zero time
evaluating the line, as I wrongly assumed that it was lost (or, though
my conscious thought processes didn't get that far, a difficult
practical defense). But I never considered this line in combination
with a frontal defense.
Old January 28th 09, 06:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:40:54 +0100 (CET)

[...]

Next question ( referring to http://www.billbrock.net/chess/2009/...ck20090103.htm
): is 42.Rf4 a possible winning try?

Old January 30th 09, 10:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I may be a rook endings weakie, but I've just been cited!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZaKUkOMmw&sdig=1

Old January 30th 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 30, 4:25*am, billbrock wrote:

But what obligation do I owe to an anon? *No confidence was violated,
as none was extended by me. *No identity was revealed. *The anon
didn't want me to publish the email; I don't want to receive email
from anons.

If a real human being contacted me privately (either directly or via
counsel), that would be another matter.

I seem to recall an instance in which you published emails. Something
about a check, I recall.
Old January 30th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 30, 6:13*am, The Historian wrote:
On Jan 30, 4:25*am, billbrock wrote:

But what obligation do I owe to an anon? *No confidence was violated,
as none was extended by me. *No identity was revealed. *The anon
didn't want me to publish the email; I don't want to receive email
from anons.

If a real human being contacted me privately (either directly or via
counsel), that would be another matter.

I seem to recall an instance in which you published emails. Something
about a check, I recall.

1. No causal connection.

2. I have apologized publicly and privately for my poor judgment,
Old January 30th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 30, 7:59*am, billbrock wrote:
On Jan 30, 6:13*am, The Historian wrote:

On Jan 30, 4:25*am, billbrock wrote:

But what obligation do I owe to an anon? *No confidence was violated,
as none was extended by me. *No identity was revealed. *The anon
didn't want me to publish the email; I don't want to receive email
from anons.

If a real human being contacted me privately (either directly or via
counsel), that would be another matter.

I seem to recall an instance in which you published emails. Something
about a check, I recall.

1. No causal connection.

2. I have apologized publicly and privately for my poor judgment,

Oops, I was accepting responsibility for my past errors. Obviously
posted to the wrong forum.
Old January 30th 09, 09:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Jan 30, 8:59*am, billbrock wrote:
On Jan 30, 6:13*am, The Historian wrote:

On Jan 30, 4:25*am, billbrock wrote:

But what obligation do I owe to an anon? *No confidence was violated,
as none was extended by me. *No identity was revealed. *The anon
didn't want me to publish the email; I don't want to receive email
from anons.

If a real human being contacted me privately (either directly or via
counsel), that would be another matter.

I seem to recall an instance in which you published emails. Something
about a check, I recall.

1. No causal connection.

2. I have apologized publicly and privately for my poor judgment,

It wasn't obvious to me. I thought you just wanted to bend over and
grab your ankles in public. BTW forget Philidor and so on...all rook
and pawn end games are drawn in practice.