Old February 3rd 09, 11:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,re.games.chess.misc

Default Is Polgar Lying??

From chessdiscussion answering a question from Mark Nibbelin:

"Mark,

Does my answer really matter? Some people would rather spend time
spinning issue after issue instead of doing something positive for chess.

For your curiosity, Paul and I did NOT distribute the Mottershead to
report to anyone. *We did not even get a copy of it until after it was
leaked to others.*

It is sad that this is still the focus when the USCF lost 1,500 members
in the past 12 months (according to Mike Nolan) and $420,000 (according
to Joe Nanna) in the first 7 months of this fiscal year.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar"

But she did get a copy before it was leaked to the Times and on the
Internet as Brian Mottershead makes clear in a post to the USCF Issues
Forum:

"According to my records, Susan Polgar first retrieved a copy of the
report from my website on Fri Oct 5, 2007 17:06:14. This was only a few
hours after I sent out the email to the EB announcing that the report
was available. She was one of the first EB members to retrieve it. Paul
Truong never did retrieve his copy. Presumably, Susan passed her copy to
him.

Every recipient had their own password, and the retrievals were logged.
I do not recall exactly when the report first appeared on the Internet,
but if I recall correctly, it was a week or two later. It certainly had
not been leaked on the Internet yet when I gave Lafferty access and he
retrieved his copy. That was on October 8. So, Polgar is almost
certainly misremembering the sequence of events when she says she didn't
have her copy until after it was released on the Internet. She may be
referring to rumours that she heard that a report was coming before she
actually received it."

Questioning Polgar under oath is going to be soooooooo much fun. :-)