Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old February 14th 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Elizabeth Vicary Backs out of Interview of Sam Sloan

I agreed to be interviewed by Elizabeth Vicary and she scheduled a
time and a date for the interview, which was Sunday, at 3:00 PM three
weeks ago.

Then she backed out at the last moment without giving a reason, even
though she had announced the interview on her blog. I assume that one
of the people who do not like me put the arm on her to stop the
interview from taking place.

Her blog postings are often posted on uschess.org . I can think of one
board member who would certainly use his position on the board to stop
the interview from appearing.

Hint: It might be the same board member who instructed the Chess Life
editor never to publish my name in the magazine unless absolutely
necessary.

Sam Sloan
  #2   Report Post  
Old February 14th 09, 08:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Feb 2009
Posts: 365
Default Elizabeth Vicary Backs out of Interview of Sam Sloan

samsloan wrote:
I agreed to be interviewed by Elizabeth Vicary and she scheduled a
time and a date for the interview, which was Sunday, at 3:00 PM three
weeks ago.

Then she backed out at the last moment without giving a reason, even
though she had announced the interview on her blog. I assume that one
of the people who do not like me put the arm on her to stop the
interview from taking place.

Her blog postings are often posted on uschess.org . I can think of one
board member who would certainly use his position on the board to stop
the interview from appearing.

Hint: It might be the same board member who instructed the Chess Life
editor never to publish my name in the magazine unless absolutely
necessary.

Sam Sloan


I haven't even been contacted by her. Oh, well.
  #3   Report Post  
Old February 14th 09, 08:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Elizabeth Vicary Backs out of Interview of Sam Sloan

On Feb 14, 3:22*pm, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
I agreed to be interviewed by Elizabeth Vicary and she scheduled a
time and a date for the interview, which was Sunday, at 3:00 PM three
weeks ago.


Then she backed out at the last moment without giving a reason, even
though she had announced the interview on her blog. I assume that one
of the people who do not like me put the arm on her to stop the
interview from taking place.


Her blog postings are often posted on uschess.org . I can think of one
board member who would certainly use his position on the board to stop
the interview from appearing.


Hint: It might be the same board member who instructed the Chess Life
editor never to publish my name in the magazine unless absolutely
necessary.


Sam Sloan


I haven't even been contacted by her. *Oh, well.


Elizabeth Vicary posted on several public places that she was offering
to interview on her blog any candidate for election.

Michael Atkins and I accepted her offer. She did in fact interview
Michael Atkins and the interviiew was published.

She agreed to interview me as well but then backed out at the last
moment.

None of the other nine candidates have offered to be interviewed by
her.

Sam Sloan
  #4   Report Post  
Old February 14th 09, 09:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Feb 2009
Posts: 365
Default Elizabeth Vicary Backs out of Interview of Sam Sloan

samsloan wrote:
On Feb 14, 3:22 pm, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
I agreed to be interviewed by Elizabeth Vicary and she scheduled a
time and a date for the interview, which was Sunday, at 3:00 PM three
weeks ago.
Then she backed out at the last moment without giving a reason, even
though she had announced the interview on her blog. I assume that one
of the people who do not like me put the arm on her to stop the
interview from taking place.
Her blog postings are often posted on uschess.org . I can think of one
board member who would certainly use his position on the board to stop
the interview from appearing.
Hint: It might be the same board member who instructed the Chess Life
editor never to publish my name in the magazine unless absolutely
necessary.
Sam Sloan

I haven't even been contacted by her. Oh, well.


Elizabeth Vicary posted on several public places that she was offering
to interview on her blog any candidate for election.

Michael Atkins and I accepted her offer. She did in fact interview
Michael Atkins and the interviiew was published.

She agreed to interview me as well but then backed out at the last
moment.

None of the other nine candidates have offered to be interviewed by
her.

Sam Sloan

No true. Brian Mottershead agreed to be interviewed by her. It was
noted on her blog. I don't know the status of the interview.
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduction to The Model Architect by Sam Sloan samsloan rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 3 May 18th 07 01:41 AM
Introduction to The Model Architect by Sam Sloan samsloan rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 0 May 17th 07 04:42 PM
USCF Issues Forum: "Five Sam Sloan Fabrications in a Single Post! (New record?)" [email protected] rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 0 February 10th 07 06:59 PM
Paul Truong is the Fake Sam Sloan BarbaraVilliers rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 0 August 1st 06 12:33 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017