Old February 17th 09, 05:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default OldHaasie might run for the Board

I'm thinking about running for the USCF Board. Of course, I'd
have to first pay some money to rejoin the USCF. My platform and main
interest would be to use the USCF Learjet free of charge to take
regular junkets to St. Kitts and Nevis. For small under-the-table
fees I might take a few kiddie herders along for the party. I also
think there should be a print version of Chess Life. To save money,
Chess Life should be printed on a post card with each issue containing
one of my ICC blitz games in which I mop up an 844 rated 9 year old
Mexican kid and which game scores would be annotated with no less than
six "!!!" moves,... such bombastic annotations being entirely inspired
by the typical editors of state chess eyecandy newsletters. I would
also move USCF HQ away from Crossville, Tennessee to a new location in
Crossville, Arkansas, or maybe even Cross City, Florida which I know
fer shure has a WalMart, a Dollar General and is rumored to be in line
for the next Save-A-Lot food store. I would also put into place a new
delux membership which would come with a discount coupon for one
psychiatric examination per year, something that might be of real
value to chessplayers. Additionally, I would ask Bernie Madoff to
sponsor a major tournament in Miami with a million dollar prize fund
based on a turnout 126,556 ($500 EF) with a minimum guarantee of
$34.81 first place. We can call it the Florida Whopper Flopper Open.
On the other hand, maybe not.

(OldHaasie)

(OldHaasie).
Old February 17th 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Feb 17, 12:59*am, " wrote:
[...]

I agree that your campaign platform is a good one, but is still
requires work.

Did you know that I know Bernie Madoff? I especially like the part
about:

I would ask Bernie Madoff to sponsor a major tournament in Miami with
a million dollar prize fund based on a turnout 126,556 ($500 EF) with
a minimum guarantee of $34.81 first place. We can call it the Florida
Whopper Flopper Open.

Perhaps Brennen and Draney can help perfect your platform.

Sam
Old February 18th 09, 10:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Feb 17, 9:10*am, samsloan wrote:
On Feb 17, 12:59*am, " wrote:

[...]

======
I didn't know that. Is Bernie a chess player? I'd guess he'd be a USCF class C.

(OldHaasie)

During the period 1968-1975 I was an over-the-counter trader first
with Hayden, Stone and later I had my own firm of Samuel H. Sloan &
Co. I made hundreds, possibly thousands, of over-the-counter trades
with Bernard Madoff.

Old February 18th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Feb 17, 12:59*am, " wrote:

During the period 1968-1975 I was an over-the-counter trader first
with Hayden, Stone and later I had my own firm of Samuel H. Sloan &
Co. I made hundreds, possibly thousands, of over-the-counter trades
with Bernard Madoff.

Sam Sloan

============
I was a retail stockbroker for Merrill Lynch for 20 years ending in
1994. Merrill fired me because my production began to slump.

(OldHaasie)

Old February 18th 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Feb 17, 12:59*am, " wrote:

During the period 1968-1975 I was an over-the-counter trader first
with Hayden, Stone and later I had my own firm of Samuel H. Sloan &
Co. I made hundreds, possibly thousands, of over-the-counter trades
with Bernard Madoff.

Sam Sloan

============
I was a retail stockbroker for Merrill Lynch for 20 years ending in
1994. *Merrill fired me because my production began to slump.

*(OldHaasie)

Not you Hassie, Sloan...why not try selling health insurance or Mensa
memberships?
Old February 19th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Not you Hassie, Sloan...why not try selling health insurance or Mensa
memberships?

Although I say I am retired I still sell an occasional health
insurance policy. By the way, in all my time as a retail stockbroker
and later as an insurance agent, the item that I am most proud to have
sold to my clients was ... stand-alone home healthcare insurance.
They all bitched about the premiums until they went on claim. Then
the insurance became a god-send. Only one client never went on
claim.

(OldHaasie)