Old February 24th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default A Message For Jack Lemoine

Jack posted the following to chessdiscussion this morning:

by jlemoine on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 pm

I think that people ought to know that I had spoke to Gregory some time
ago. He strongly maintained his innocence. The problem with defending
against accusations such as this is that all this internet stuff is so
technical and lay people have difficulty understanding the issues.
Reminded me of mental doctors. You can obtain an expert to testify to
virtually anything you want.

*********Jack, you may be asked about that conversation, either by USCF
counsel or law enforcement. *********************

The other problem is that lawsuits cost money - lots of money. Money
that folks like Susan, Paul, and Gregory especially don't have. The
USCF, on the otherhand, just came into almost $400,000. Most of that
money is going to the lawsuits.

**********Susan and Paul do have. They have a backer with very deep
pockets who is paying ALL of their legal fees. I have that, sans name,
from Dylan McClain of the NY Times.***************

This may be at the bottom of why things may not be going so well right
now. I heard that this is one tactic that is used on people. First hit
them with a civil suit. Make them blow their cash on a civil lawyer.

*********This sounds very much like the tactic Susan and Paul have been
engaged in with the help of their deep pocket friend.***************

Then if the prosecutors hit them with a criminal case, they're stuck
with a public defender. That's why Gregory is without a lawyer on the
civil case. He has to hold his money in reserve for the criminal case.

**********And just how does Jack Lemoine know this?****************

If he does win the criminal case, then that gives him some momentum
going back into the civil one.