Old February 25th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default "None" Pretends to be Kingston (was: Taylor Kingston still awaitsParr's proof)

On Feb 25, 11:37*am, None wrote:

There have always been trolls. *

Actually, the first troll did not appear until
around the time that men started building
bridges (nobody knows why).

Generally, I know everything. Yet, I don't know what FSS stands for at
all.

FSS is an acronyn that stands for "Funky
Sealer Sweeper move". You generally
have to go back to the days when a very
strong (an understatement) player by the
name of Emanuel Lasker was dominating
world chess-- matches anyway.

This guy would sometimes throw away a
pawn (it's usually a pawn) in such a way
as to force his opponent to occupy some
key square, not with a piece, but with the
pawn he captures with. In addition, EL
then got to utilize the now-vacant square
from which his own pawn had advanced,
moving a powerful piece there. In general,
kids should not try this maneuver at home,
for it requires /advanced/ chess skill.

This manuever is so funky-rare that I
expect it has never occured in my own
games, except by accident. One has to
escape the monotonous routine, break
free and deliberately consider funky
sacrifices which do nothing other than
block up a key square (the sealer), or
free up a key square (the sweeper) for
occupation by some other piece, or both.
Only if one accomplishes both blocking
and occupying is it a true sealer-sweeper
move, funky and rare.

-- help bot

P.S. : FSS actually stands for the Fake
Sam Sloan, but I couldn't help bot leap at
the chance to pontificate on a concept I
learned about but never got to use, being
a weak player, you see.

Old February 25th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Feb 25, 4:37*pm, help bot wrote:
On Feb 25, 11:37*am, None wrote:

[...]

I thought that was some guy from the Gambino family that would throw
away a pawn. He didn't like to play the Piano and he heard that Evans
lost a pawn early on as it was Par of course.

FTK