Old March 6th 09, 12:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,www.re.games.chess.misc

Default It's 11:58pm

And the clock is ticking for Polgar and Truong (law/litigation-wise).
Mid-night is fast approaching for Trolgar and a number of friends/minions.

Will they stay and face depositions and trials or leave Gregory and
others holding the bag? Will they flee before their passports are
lifted? I hope they stay. It's going to be very, very interesting.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewuo9u/b...orabetteruscf/
Old March 6th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 6, 7:31*am, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
And the clock is ticking for Polgar and Truong (law/litigation-wise).
Mid-night is fast approaching for Trolgar and a number of friends/minions..

Will they stay and face depositions and trials or leave Gregory and
others holding the bag? *Will they flee before their passports are
lifted? *I hope they stay. *It's going to be very, very interesting.

*http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewuo9u/b...orabetteruscf/

I have a question:

Let us assume for a moment that Polgar and Truong want to get out from
under all this litigation: How would they do it.

Previously, had they merely resigned from the board, the litigation
would have ended.

Now, it seems that they have passed the point of no return and there
is no way out for them but to fight to the end.

Do you agree?

Old March 6th 09, 05:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
On Mar 6, 7:31 am, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
And the clock is ticking for Polgar and Truong (law/litigation-wise).
Mid-night is fast approaching for Trolgar and a number of friends/minions.

Will they stay and face depositions and trials or leave Gregory and
others holding the bag? Will they flee before their passports are
lifted? I hope they stay. It's going to be very, very interesting.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewuo9u/b...orabetteruscf/

I have a question:

Let us assume for a moment that Polgar and Truong want to get out from
under all this litigation: How would they do it.

Previously, had they merely resigned from the board, the litigation
would have ended.

Now, it seems that they have passed the point of no return and there
is no way out for them but to fight to the end.

Do you agree?

Sam Sloan

I suggested a number of possible settlement options here and on the USCF
Issues Forum. They can get out from under the civil litigation by
settling and leaving the USCF board any time they choose. The criminal
matters on both coasts are still pending and will take their own course.
Old March 6th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 6, 12:07*pm, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
[...]

That was YOUR proposed settlement which nobody else has endorced.

If they were to resign from the board today, I doubt that any of their
victims would be willing to let the matter drop. Certainly one of the
board members has stated that he will be going for as substantial
money judgment against them. Also, the complaint fined against them
yesterday makers it clear that they will be demanding a judgment in
excess of one million dollars. Also, the lawsuit in San Francisco
Federal Court asks for "statutory damages" of a minimum of one million
dollars.

It seems that they have been backed to the point where they have to
fight like a cornered rat.

Old March 6th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

Paul will fight. When he left Nam his boat was attack by pirates and
Paul beat them off single-handedly. Anyway, that's what he is alleged
to have said. His resume said he had a black belt so it must be true.

Old March 6th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

samsloan wrote:
[...]

ROTFL!!! If their smart they'll get out of Dodge before their passports
are taken by a court pending trial.
Old March 6th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
[...]

You have no idea what any of the other defendants had to say other than
Randy Bauer who addressed the settlement issue on the USCF Forum. And
you won't know anyone's position because the other defendants aren't
going to talk to you about anything of substance.

Eventually, I expect Sam Sloan to be tilting at Trolgar for years in one
court or another.

Old March 6th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Mar 6, 4:52*pm, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:

ROTFL!!! *If their smart they'll get out of Dodge before their passports
are taken by a court pending trial.

Do not worry. We are trying to throw Dodge out of the Libertarian
Party.

I am surprised that you are keeping up with that.

Old March 7th 09, 12:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Randy Bauer wrote:
On Mar 6, 12:07 pm, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
They can get out from under the civil litigation by settling and
leaving the USCF board any time they choose. The criminal matters
on both coasts are still pending and will take their own course.

Someone please pinch me. I must have slept through the part where
the USCF appointed Brian as its spokesman, attorney, president or fat
lady. I thought his only status was as a co-defendant in one of the
lawsuits, and he has no powers to offer the other side anything. It
was attempts to take over without any authorization that resulted in
the defendants forming into two camps.

I must have also slept through the part where there was a "criminal
matter pending" on the east coast. Unless Brian is making reference
to some prosecution against himself, would he deign to offer us some
clarification? If not, may I ascribe it to the onset of old age and
his confusion of civil and criminal proceedings?

Sender: Borked Pseudo Mailed
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at .
Subject: It's 11:58pm
From: Randy Bauer
Massage-ID:

Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:34:06 -0700 (MST)
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt. chess
rec.games.chess.misc:311221 alt.chess:25950

Old March 7th 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 6, 6:34*pm, Randy Bauer wrote:
[...]

Just another anonymous claiming to be someone they are not. These
guys are such tools.

Randy Bauer