Old March 9th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Question for the Candidates about the Future Role of Polgar andTruong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenan
I have two questions that I hope all the candidates
will answer:

If you are elected, will you oppose and actively resist any further
involvement with the USCF by Susan Polgar and Paul Truong at any time
in the future ?

Will you see it as your fiduciary responsibility to ensure that no one
who ever sues or has sued the federation in the past is hired or paid
by it in any capacity. including as a chess columnist or team coach?

Brenan
Nobody is suggesting that Susan Polgar and Paul Truong be expelled
from the United States Chess Federation (well nobody that is except
for one person who expressed that view a few days ago).

Everybody wants them to continue to do the good things that they do
for chess, such as running tournaments, giving simultaneous
exhibitions, publishing chess books and DVDs, posing for a well over
one million photographs of herself, etc.

The problem has been separating the good things they do from the bad
things they do. Just like the person who posts every day, "there ain't
no such thing as a free lunch", every time they have done something
good there has been a price tag. Every single thing they supposedly
"volunteered" to do always resulted in a big fight and demands by them
for large amounts of money. They constantly and repeatedly threatened
lawsuits long before they were elected and took office. Take a look at
what Stan Booz and Tim Hanke said about them back in 2003 when Hanke
was VP of Finance and Booz was Chairman of the Finance Committee. For
example, I was at the board meeting in March 2003 when they said that
they were volunteering to train the US Woman's Olympiad Team for free.
Later they demanded to be paid $50,000 for providing this "free"
service.

Old March 9th 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

With regard to Polgar and Truong, I think it was either Tim Hanke or
Stan Booz who wrote on this site, "If you think it is expensive now,
wait until it's free".

I cannot find the quote. Does anybody remember it?
Old March 9th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"samsloan" wrote in message
[quote="Brenan"]I have two questions that I hope all the candidates
will answer:

If you are elected, will you oppose and actively resist any further
involvement with the USCF by Susan Polgar and Paul Truong at any time
in the future ?

Why is this guy obsessed with S Polgar???

Old March 9th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Mar 9, 10:14*am, samsloan wrote:
With regard to Polgar and Truong, I think it was either Tim Hanke or
Stan Booz who wrote on this site, "If you think it is expensive now,
wait until it's free".

I cannot find the quote. Does anybody remember it?

That sounds like something Booz would say.

Old March 10th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Mar 9, 1:34*pm, billbrock wrote:
On Mar 9, 10:36*am, None wrote:

On Mar 9, 10:14*am, samsloan wrote:

With regard to Polgar and Truong, I think it was either Tim Hanke or
Stan Booz who wrote on this site, "If you think it is expensive now,
wait until it's free".

I cannot find the quote. Does anybody remember it?

That sounds like something Booz would say.

How would you know?

I know, because I used to know Stan. He's a nice guy, but blunt.
Old March 11th 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Korenman Posts to Susan Polgar's chessdiscussion.com

"foad" wrote in message
d.net...
"The Historian" wrote in message
On Mar 7, 8:41 am, None wrote:
Da, lower than whale **** at the bottom of the ocean. Of course, where
else would you expect to find a dung beetle?

TOM! You are back!

For sure "TOM!" moved from CA as far east as he could manage without
getting
his feet wet. To live off roaches in Mootershed's cellars. Slipping
upstairs
every few days to post to RGCP while the victim was not looking. Where
have
I heard this before. 2009 to date "Neil" beats "Sam" for "Stupidest
Poster".

Amateurs.

Old March 11th 09, 09:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessoffice
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
Not true. Only two people have
ever been expelled from the USCF: Norman T. Whitaker and Bobby
Fischer. Both were reinstated.

Whitaker was expelled for writing a letter and mailing it to the chess
director for the 49 other states (Whitaker was the director from
Maryland). Whitaker brought suit and was reinstated.

Bobby Fischer was expelled in 2002 for making statements in a radio
broadcast about 9/11.
Not true. He was not a member, having long since resigned, and the
board revoked his right to reclaim his membership.
Bill, do you have any evidence of any kind that Bobby Fischer ever
resigned his membership in the USCF. For example, have you ever seen a
letter by Bobby Fischer stating that he was resigning his membership.

Bobby Fischer was clear a member in 1972 when he played for the World
Chess Championship. I have spoken to several people including former
board members, former members of the office staff and so on, and none
of them can recall receiving a letter from Bobby Fischer resigning his
membership
Quote:

Quote:
He was reinstated on my motion on August 14, 2006 but that
reinstatement was never fully put into effect due to opposition from
Goichberg.
His right to reclaim his membership was restored, a motion I voted for
that some board members did not support. However, he did not follow
up by rescinding his resignation, so the situation that existed before
the 2002 board vote remained in effect.

Sam, you have a habit of blaming one person for board actions you
disagree with. Don't you think it ever happens that everyone on the
board simply votes according to what they think is best for USCF?

In this case most board members disagreed that by passing a motion in
2002 and repealing it in 2006, the board had changed Fischer's
membership status to something other than it was prior to the 2002
vote.
Bill, it is rather you who have the habit of making incomplete
statements about what really happened.

It is true that Joel Channing voted against every motion to reinstate
Bobby Fischer.

However, you voted against my motions to fully reinstate Bobby Fischer
as required by the by-laws which state that all US Grandmasters are
members of the USCF.

After voting down my motions, you made a motion which passed giving
Bobby Fischer the right to "request" a membership in the US.

Obviously, you knew that Bobby Fischer was not going to come begging
on his knees asking to be allowed to re-join the USCF, so your motion
that Bobby Fischer must "request" reinstatement of his membership was
a back handed way to deny him membership.